Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zach Parise, 1-year, $825k

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
So... why did Minny buy him out?
Terrible contracts and alleged locker room/culture problems. Suggestion for a couple years anyways has been that Suter was the problem with the second part and can’t imagine the Avs with this locker room would sign him if they thought he’d be anything other than a positive addition

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good timing for signing him too IMO. Gives him some time to get to know his teammates during the ASB/bye week.

It's interesting they didn't wait until the deadline to sign him.

Getting up to speed, learning the system, and seeing what they have before the deadline are all understandable reasons.

But he'd cost like half as much toward the cap. That's a $100k+ difference. Wonder if that means anything in terms of the deadline moves they have planned, and their expected cap space?

Maybe Praise just wanted the extra coin though.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
It's interesting they didn't wait until the deadline to sign him.

Getting up to speed, learning the system, and seeing what they have before the deadline are all understandable reasons.

But he'd cost like half as much toward the cap. That's a $100k+ difference. Wonder if that means anything in terms of the deadline moves they have planned, and their expected cap space?

Maybe Praise just wanted the extra coin though.
Might have also just been sick of the Dermy on the 4th line debacle and wanted the depth now

Reactions: Metallo

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Imagine that, Wild are basically paying for Parise to play for us

IMG_0633.gif

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
Tin foil hat edition
I wonder if this is a telegraph that they know Nuke isnt coming back this year and want to fix it on the cheap - or try to at least?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Eric is legit. I mean he's a former player and executive.
The older he gets the more he physically looks like his dad. I agree that he's interesting though.

To me Rudo ruins the show 75% of the time and the other 25% it's EJ. To be fair I'm not listening very often though...maybe once per 2 weeks or something.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I, for one, look forward to saying, "oh come the f*** on, parise!" on a nightly basis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad