Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire RyJo (@50%) for Chucky

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I love this move! Is CMac all the way back?

To hear this live on NHL radio was probably the most exciting feeling, brings me back haha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure anyone had that on their 2C bingo card...
It fits the MO of the front office... get a guy for a 2-3 year solution that doesn't impact the long-term cap.

This whole trade will depends on which RyJo comes in. When motivated he's still a great player, he's just not motivated all that often. I think he'll probably be pretty meh in the regular season, but he's probably going to be good in the playoffs.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I'm happy with this one. I imagine he's penciled in as the 2C, but we'll see if they have more up their sleeve.

Edit - also, so is this Trotz's first move as GM?

Reactions: Vk1ing

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And got 50% retained. Tells you all you need to know about what Preds think about him.
I mean effort is clearly a problem and has been part of what's held RyJo back from being an elite C. But when the Preds were contending he was a playoff beast. Interesting to see how going to a contender effects his play over the next 2 seasons.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It fits the MO of the front office... get a guy for a 2-3 year solution that doesn't impact the long-term cap.

This whole trade will depends on which RyJo comes in. When motivated he's still a great player, he's just not motivated all that often. I think he'll probably be pretty meh in the regular season, but he's probably going to be good in the playoffs.
Yeah, exactly the kind of out of left field move we should've expected rather than overspending/outbidding for the ROR's or Lindholm's of the world. It's easy to envision RyJo having a pretty major bounceback in this offense and at $4mill for the next two years it's really hard not to be impressed by this move. Still only 30, too.

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Given the upcoming UFA crop I'm surprised he didn't have even a slight bit of positive value at full retention.

Not blowing my mind given RyJo's inconsistency but I think it's overall a smart move. I'm wondering whether a third team could've been brought in for double retention, now that would've been mighty impressive.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
This is exactly the type of trade the Avs needed to make. Take advantage of cap strapped teams looking to rebuild and give up nothing. Great move! Save our limited assets for other moves. Take a chance and put a player in a successful environment and see them flourish. I'm excited to see what RyJo can do with us.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
IMO this is a great shot to take. He's not a long-term solution, but if he clicks, the Avs solved the position for 2 years at a cheap price. Fits perfectly with the contracts and window. There is risk here certainly, but the upside is certainly there.

Agreed. Risky but got him 50% retained for nothing and the upside is there for sure. Liking this move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad