Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Fredrik Olofsson from Dallas for future considerations

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Chris Macfarland sucks
Absolutely disagree mate, with all due respect. You weren't happy with a 7th overall finish (32 teams)? Particularly given the players lost (Kadri, Burakovsky, Landeskog, Kuemper & others), as well as a cap crunch with guys like Mackinnon, Makar, Landeskog, Nichushkin having to be re-upped?

The difficulty for Chris, is he came in at our absolute peak, where as most new GM's come in when a team is floundering.

People should set their expectations accordingly. Where is Tampa this year? Florida missed out AGAIN.

Also, you're talking about a Stanley Cup winning Assistant GM here - so he certainly doesn't "suck". Not one person from the very top, to the very bottom sucks in and around this club. Full strength, we were going back to back this year. Play Landy, Mack, Lehks, Rants, Nuke (and possibly Rodrigues), our bottom six instantly becomes so much stronger.

We are going to be challenging for the cup again next season, with a ruthless group of winners. I'm going to remind you of your last statement when that's happening.

Get on board mate, and enjoy the ride.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Man it’s kinda awesome that our pro-scouting has such a reputation of hitting on players that every other fan clenches and wonders what the Avs see in this player that others are missing.

I think this is more of potential fourth liner rather than a potential break out star. I hope he compliments players like LOC, Meyers and Cogs in tenacious play.

How’s his speed and defensive IQ?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Man it’s kinda awesome that our pro-scouting has such a reputation of hitting on players that every other fan clenches and wonders what the Avs see in this player that others are missing.

I think this is more of potential fourth liner rather than a potential break out star. I hope he compliments players like LOC, Meyers and Cogs in tenacious play.

Supposedly both good

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

He’s smart, skates well, and willing to play physical. Pretty low skill but occasionally will surprise you. He’s a really good middle 6 AHL guy that won’t hurt you in a NHL lineup and will play the way coaches like. Which should be his roles… adds a good player in Windsor when down, but someone who won’t hurt you when playing in the NHL.

If he’s a third liner on your team… you’re very thin. Arguably even playing every night. As a depth guy he’s fine to good. I hope he’s a 2nd liner in the AHL.

Reactions: Perratrooper

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
He’s smart, skates well, and willing to play physical. Pretty low skill but occasionally will surprise you. He’s a really good middle 6 AHL guy that won’t hurt you in a NHL lineup and will play the way coaches like. Which should be his roles… adds a good player in Windsor when down, but someone who won’t hurt you when playing in the NHL.

If he’s a third liner on your team… you’re very thin. Arguably even playing every night. As a depth guy he’s fine to good. I hope he’s a 2nd liner in the AHL.
Isn't this a kind of like Blidh last offseason?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Sounds like a perfectly fine league Min fourth liner/healthy scratch. We need net neutral fourth liners so that we can spend money on our net positive impact players.

In my mind this season if we need a player on the third line Foudy and Meyers get the crack at it with Foudy possibly starting in the A depending on his camp.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, with how thin our prospect group is, I honestly don't know how much offense we should expect from our 4th line. It's the 3rd line, and lack of 2C that I think is the biggest issue. If we can get a group of tenacious puck hounds that are solid enough defensively to earn Bednar's trust to just take regular shifts, that alone would be an improvement over what we had last season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Olofsson to replace Olausson?

iu

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So is there a trade coming or they gonna call up someone? Unless Cogs is coming back

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Really wanted our trio of Olofsson, Kiviranta and Tufte to work out for us to smite Dallas again. You win some and lose most I guess.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's way better than Kiviranta IMHO, who just sort of skates around. I think this is Bednar wanting a more physical player in Wagner, but I suggest that Olofsson is better...well, at least more talented.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Like others have said, I thought Olofsson had a really solid start, but has faded. The horrible face-off ability never improved, his offense has dried up, and I think he's been suspect defensively. I hope he clears waivers and can be a potential injury fill-in during the playoffs.

I do suspect waiving him is a precursor to a trade. The club can't bank deadline cap space due to being into their LTIR pool (deep into it), but waiving Olofsson gives them $1.65M in cap space today.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad