Player Discussion Artem Zub (D) Part 2 [Extended 4 years @ $4.6M]

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
This dude looks like Zaitsev out there lately.

We are majorly screwed if he continues this level of play moving forward.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Thank god we didn't give him 6+ million like some around here wanted.

Dorion was right to give him that 2.5 x 2 contract in the first place

Reactions: NB613 and gab6511

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Thank god we didn't give him 6+ million like some around here wanted.

Dorion was right to give him that 2.5 x 2 contract in the first place

No arguments from me. Totally agree.

This is just a problem for our team going forward. If he’s more of a 5/6 than a 3/4 than we are looking at another hole.

Reactions: Cosmix

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I’m not sure we are watching the same games. He had a giveaway yesterday that led to a goal, but Zub has looked like Zub to me… solid defending, poised with the puck, great first pass to facilitate zone exits, playing tight in the neutral zone.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Zub has had a couple of injuries this yr that have kept him out of games, this late in the season he could still be dealing with injuries as a lot of them probably are.

Reactions: DrEasy

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I’m not sure we are watching the same games. He had a giveaway yesterday that led to a goal, but Zub has looked like Zub to me… solid defending, poised with the puck, great first pass to facilitate zone exits, playing tight in the neutral zone.

He seems to be out of a position a lot and last night's giveaway was not an isolated event. He's been less physical recently as well.

Reactions: DrEasy

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
He seems to be taking a puck in the face every few games.

I'm not worried about Zub at all. He will bounce back.
Imagine our team with bounce back seasons from Chabot / Zub / DeBrincat / Batherson and a full season of Chychrun / Norris. Cant wait

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Could he feel a bit lost without his countryman? Dude is all alone on the team right now, and while his English is improving, it isn't fluent.

Might not be a bad idea in the summer, if we can find a modestly-priced Russian player we can slot in on the third line or third pair to at least give him someone to talk to.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Could he feel a bit lost without his countryman? Dude is all alone on the team right now, and while his English is improving, it isn't fluent.

Might not be a bad idea in the summer, if we can find a modestly-priced Russian player we can slot in on the third line or third pair to at least give him someone to talk to.

This is being underestimated it definitely takes a toll to be isolated like he is right now.

I hope we get Varlomov in free agency

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Couple of shoulder injuries, the broken jaw - he's had a tough go of it this year, and is having a bit of a down year as a result. Batherson, DeBrincat and Chabot to a degree have all had down years also. It happens, just as guys will have career years then regress to the mean. I'm not too worried about Zub yet - he'll bounce back next season just fine...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Chychrun is getting 4.6 to play on our third pair...
I am OK with Chychrun playing 3rd pair with Brannstrom as long as the 3 pairs are given relatively equal ES TOI. I think those 2 could be tough to handle by other team's 3rd and 4th lines. If we get better 3rd and 4th lines next season that 3rd pair could turn out very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad