Around the NHL - 2023/24 Season

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This guy is never going to play in the NHL again. Maybe nowhere.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

That tweet isn't entirely accurate, he didn't threaten to do it himself, he threatened to have someone else do it. Not that it changes anything.

Dude deserves jail time IMO

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Good riddance, sounds like a real pos.

But I don’t have faith in the NHL boys club, I’m sure there’ll be teams willing to give him a tryout in a years time.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good riddance, sounds like a real pos.

But I don’t have faith in the NHL boys club, I’m sure there’ll be teams willing to give him a tryout in a years time.
I doubt it, he's already a borderline NHL player at this point in time. But if a good player did this, you'd be absolutely right.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tanner Jeannot just got 2.665 x 2 from Tampa, makes Dube and Rango's co tracts look really good.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm only posting this here because you know who was one of many who attended that infamous 2018 WJC party in London ON.
How long is the NHL going to sit on this information?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I'm only posting this here because you know who was one of many who attended that infamous 2018 WJC party in London ON.

Not that long. Releasing the names is not the NHLs role in this but adding significant discipline is

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

I've seen a supposed list of the five and you know who wasn't on it, but of course it's speculation.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I was reading about Babcock's recent interview, and reading about the whole thing again where he had Marner rank the hardest working players on the team, then that list coming out and upsetting the veterans because they were on the bottom. Including Kadri. I forgot about that. But after seeing how Kadri ended the season, I think Marner was on to something lol

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I was reading about Babcock's recent interview, and reading about the whole thing again where he had Marner rank the hardest working players on the team, then that list coming out and upsetting the veterans because they were on the bottom. Including Kadri. I forgot about that. But after seeing how Kadri ended the season, I think Marner was on to something lol
I know from experience it's tough giving 100% in your job when you hate your boss and hate working under him... and I didn't have a boss that was looking over my shoulder every minute I was at work. I'm willing to cut Kadri a lot more slack than you apparently are.
Marner was wrong to do what he did. If he had any balls he would have refused Babcock's demand. Teacher's pet.. and then he tries to avoid responsibility by saying it's not my fault... Babcock made me do it. Gutless.. and it shows in his play when the going gets tough.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I know from experience it's tough giving 100% in your job when you hate your boss and hate working under him... and I didn't have a boss that was looking over my shoulder every minute I was at work. I'm willing to cut Kadri a lot more slack than you apparently are.
Marner was wrong to do what he did. If he had any balls he would have refused Babcock's demand. Teacher's pet.. and then he tries to avoid responsibility by saying it's not my fault... Babcock made me do it. Gutless.. and it shows in his play when the going gets tough.
You say to cut the multimillionaire slack because he hates his boss, then are attacking the guy who at the time was a rookie barely away from being a teenager, who is getting that demand from a veteran, heavily respected/feared coach. Seems a bit much and hypocritical for you to call the kid gutless to be honest

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You say to cut the multimillionaire slack because he hates his boss, then are attacking the guy who at the time was a rookie barely away from being a teenager, who is getting that demand from a veteran, heavily respected/feared coach. Seems a bit much and hypocritical for you to call the kid gutless to be honest
The amount of money you make has nothing to do with job performance. A bad boss is a bad boss... No matter how much you are getting paid. I've yet to get a raise that made me like my job any more or do it any better.
And yes... Marner is gutless. He's still the same p***y he was when he was 20.

Reactions: deleted user

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Babcock isn't wrong for what he did. And many things done in the NHL wouldn't really be accepted in other industries, stop trying to compare them. It's not the same thing.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Babcock isn't wrong for what he did. And many things done in the NHL wouldn't really be accepted in other industries, stop trying to compare them. It's not the same thing.
You're seriously defending Mike Babcock? The guy is a class A douche bag.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
For that particular thing? Yes. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he's ever done in his entire life.
For having Marner rank the hardest workers on the team? You kidding me? Why divide the room like that? That’s poor leadership right there plain and simple. Don’t put your players in that position, especially a young guy. SMH.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
For having Marner rank the hardest workers on the team? You kidding me? Why divide the room like that? That’s poor leadership right there plain and simple. Don’t put your players in that position, especially a young guy. SMH.

If players being told their teammates don't think they work hard divides a room that easily then it needs to happen so you can get rid of the problem. Not to mention, what if he's right? If Kadri was on that list its pretty easy to see why after what happened at the end of last season. Why is everyone so sensitive? Players get paid a lot to perform and a lot of them get complacent. Sometimes they need something to get them going again.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Coach threw his star rookie in front of the bus, got in the bus and plowed him right over leaving his corpse mangled. Babcock is a complete donkey. Mike Commodore speaks only truths.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lol defending a manipulative bastard like Babcock who power trips over his players is definitely something.

He’s sutter but with a psychology degree. I’d be scared to be anywhere near that man.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Babcock is still coasting off a cup win from 15 years ago and arguably pissed away at least 2 others for the Wings. If you’re gonna be a dick, you need to get results otherwise what’s the point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad