Around the NHL 2023-2024

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Nolan Stevens signed with the Wongs. 2 way deal. Def St. Louis Blues East
Looks like other former Blues’ farm-hands latched on with new teams as well. Reading the signings one after another, it’s clear that Springfield is going to look a lot different next year. Brady Lyle, Will Butcher & Nathan Todd represent a lot of AHL experience lost for the baby Blues.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Looks like other former Blues’ farm-hands latched on with new teams as well. Reading the signings one after another, it’s clear that Springfield is going to look a lot different next year. Brady Lyle, Will Butcher & Nathan Todd represent a lot of AHL experience lost for the baby Blues.

Will Butcher?! ;)

But I agree, Springfield lost a lot of experience. However, they'll replace those players with adequate replacements: Bolduc, Dean, Lööf, Gaudet, Malmström, Heim, Dickinson and probably will still add some more players in the near future.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Will Butcher?! ;)

But I agree, Springfield lost a lot of experience. However, they'll replace those players with adequate replacements: Bolduc, Dean, Lööf, Gaudet, Malmström, Heim, Dickinson and probably will still add some more players in the near future.
Haha! Yes. Will Butcher wasnt with Springfield…that was Will Bitten who was called up. My mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: Beauterham

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
If Tarasenko signs a 5+ year contact, I predict it’ll get bought out prior to the end of it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ohhhh....another Vrana like situation in Detroit

That being said, I've been impressed with what Detroit is doing in it's rebuild.
Really? Their rebuild is going horribly IMO. It should be way more advanced than it actually is.

Defensively, Walman was a great pickup, but they also have 15.275 invested in Chiarot, Ghost, Holl, and Maatta.

In the forwards, they have 2 sure-fire top 6 guys in Larkin and Perron. A young guy that should be top 6 quality in Raymond, and guys like Copp and Compher, that are really more 3rd line guys that can play up if needed.

Just for Copp, Compher, and Fabbri, it's 14.725, and then they are paying guys like Kostin 2M.

Along with a bunch of dud drafts and a few failed goalies, it's been a disaster.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Really? Their rebuild is going horribly IMO. It should be way more advanced than it actually is.

Defensively, Walman was a great pickup, but they also have 15.275 invested in Chiarot, Ghost, Holl, and Maatta.

In the forwards, they have 2 sure-fire top 6 guys in Larkin and Perron. A young guy that should be top 6 quality in Raymond, and guys like Copp and Compher, that are really more 3rd line guys that can play up if needed.

Just for Copp, Compher, and Fabbri, it's 14.725, and then they are paying guys like Kostin 2M.

Along with a bunch of dud drafts and a few failed goalies, it's been a disaster.
Agreed. Considering how much money they spent in free agency, it’s not a good thing that I look at their roster and it’s the most mediocre team I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And I like Copp and Compher, but imagine if instead of Bozak and ROR, we got 2 Bozak's in the summer of 18.

Reactions: ArenaRat

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006

Man, I agree. I was looking at Capfriendly yesterday after all their moves and while they don’t have a lot of crazy long obligations as far as term to multiple, middling vets that team kinda blows on paper.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Zadina busting and some really bad draft lottery luck has hurt them a lot.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And even that bad luck in 2020, depending on what their board looked like, it could've been a blessing in disguise. Stutzle is the top guy from that group, but I'll be curious how Laf, Byfield, and Raymond all end up.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Isn't this like year 6 or 7 of the Yzer Plan too?

• Wow
Reactions: eibyyz

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
And I like Copp and Compher, but imagine if instead of Bozak and ROR, we got 2 Bozak's in the summer of 18.

And the Blues were otherwise good at that point. More like imagine the Blues got two Bozaks in the summer of 2007. Meaningless and might only serve to prevent them from landing Pietrangelo in 2008.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

Agree 100%. I never understood all the hype Yzerman was getting last offseason. They look very unimpressive to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad