Around The NHL #13

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Plandowski should get on the horn to any of his Tampa scouting buddies. Brisbois isn't giving his scouts many kicks at the can.
5 picks plus Foote for Jeannot.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Am I missing something about Tanner Jeannot? Why so many picks for him?
Wondering the exact same thing about the return. Seravalli reported that he heard Nashville was originally asking for two 1sts for Jeannot.
He's 4th in the NHL in hits, was 2nd last season and currently 1st among forwards. Tampa emptied the jar but not everyone in Tampa is complaining about this acquisition.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Am I missing something about Tanner Jeannot? Why so many picks for him?

They are hoping to buy low (dollar wise) on a raging bull of a player who flashed 25-25 potential. Similar cap play to the Hagel trade. 2/3/4/5 is whatever, just a way to avoid giving up a 1st. If it goes right they'll get a prime Patrick Maroon for like... $1.5m or whatever bridge Jeannot takes.

It's not a dumb move by any stretch of the imagination. It's about keeping this player away from other teams as much as it is fitting Tampa's narrow constraints too.

It makes Crouse even more of a unicorn with his reasonable deal. Teams are going to start routine overpays on guys with sweetheart deals more often if this keeps working for Tampa. This is the next tier of cap management after your core gets maxed out and you still have a competitive team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0point1

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm still trying to figure out why some think it's wrong to hold out a player and say that fans pay to see them play, but are alright with in-season trades where you don't get to see that player play anyways? Is this have something to do with stupid pills that @TheLegend mentioned before?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Tampa has no 2023 picks now until round 6.

It's even worse. Tampa's next three drafts are f***ed. But hey...they have Tanner Jeannot. :laugh:

1677505740491.png

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm still trying to figure out why some think it's wrong to hold out a player and say that fans pay to see them play, but are alright with in-season trades where you don't get to see that player play anyways? Is this have something to do with stupid pills that @TheLegend mentioned before?
Teams don't sit players during the season when trading, and if they do it's for a game or two, not for two or three weeks.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Pretty good lineup for those 3 years though. Might get a Cup
Ya think? They have the 3rd oldest roster, but maybe there's astill a championship left in those old legs. The trade is still lopsided, and not in Tampa's favor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad