Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Wow will any series go to 6 games?
Let’s see if Bettman puts in the word we need some 6 and 7 game series boys.
Crazy playoffs … Canucks win a game with only 12 shots the other day and today Oilers win with only 13 shots.

hockey gods look down on the Jets

Speaking of, what pick does Montreal get if we lose the series

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Vancouver outshot 31-12… Canucks win

Goaltending again makes a difference
Many people are telling me that I'm wrong, Fivebuyck is not to blame for how this series is going, he's not the problem etc.

Accepting that Fivebucyk is far from the only player pooping the bed large this series, it seems to me that goalies still make a disproportional difference. If we had regular season Vezinabuyck instead whoever the hell this guy is that shows up every playoffs, I think the series could be 2-2 right now and a whole different psychological outlook.

I feel like this tweet could easily apply to the Jets and it makes me sad.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Built-for-playoffs PL Dubois with just the one goal in four games so far, LA really needs him to go beast mode soon

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Built-for-playoffs PL Dubois with just the one goal in four games so far, LA really needs him to go beast mode soon
He learned well from his time with the Jets.

I think build-for-playoffs PLD only existed in Columbus. There is something really wrong in Winnipeg. The rumours of toxic locker-room culture keep rearing their ugly head (although we did not hear about it this season). I don't care about rumours and innuendo, but the on-ice product is there for everyone to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkp and WolfHouse

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Jets fans of all fans should not be looking down on the Leafs considering how our post-season has gone. I used to too but don't feel like I have that right anymore after the last two Jets post-seasons. We are as bad as the Leafs now.

We are not as bad as the Leafs until we have 3 - $10 million + forwards ( and to be 4 starting next season ) in our lineup.

Sure the Jets are struggling, but c'mon, we have no "superstars" on this team. Toronto is suppose to have 4 or 5 according to the media.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Jets fans of all fans should not be looking down on the Leafs considering how our post-season has gone. I used to too but don't feel like I have that right anymore after the last two Jets post-seasons. We are as bad as the Leafs now.
Not in the media's view.

Reactions: roccerfeller

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Hakstol gets the axe in Seattle
This is a big move for Genearl Manager Ron Francis and the front office. This shows to Kraken fans that the team is not going to take mediocre hockey, and with the offense and power play falling short this season this should help provide a shakeup in that regard.

“I thank Dave for his hard work and dedication to the Kraken franchise,” said Francis in a press release. “Following our end-of-the-season review, we have decided to make a change at our head coach position. These decisions are never easy, but we feel this is a necessary step to help ensure our team continues to improve and evolve. Dave is a good coach and a terrific person. We wish him and his family all the best. We will begin our search for the Kraken’s next head coach immediately.”

Some teams just have no patience for losing.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
This is a big move for Genearl Manager Ron Francis and the front office. This shows to Kraken fans that the team is not going to take mediocre hockey, and with the offense and power play falling short this season this should help provide a shakeup in that regard.

“I thank Dave for his hard work and dedication to the Kraken franchise,” said Francis in a press release. “Following our end-of-the-season review, we have decided to make a change at our head coach position. These decisions are never easy, but we feel this is a necessary step to help ensure our team continues to improve and evolve. Dave is a good coach and a terrific person. We wish him and his family all the best. We will begin our search for the Kraken’s next head coach immediately.”

I appreciate that Seattle wasn't great this year but I think this year is more representative of the roster they have than last year. I don't think they necessarily underachieved this season.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Look how easy it is, True North.

You can even copy and paste this template and just switch out a few key words.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Wonder if Seattle will allow him to reapply :sarcasm:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This Maurice situation is like when an ex who you were kinda cool on anyways dumps you and you are glad and thinking you're gonna get an upgrade. Only to check in later and see the ex got a massive upgrade on you who is twice the version of you :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad