Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya, definitely don’t want Toronto or Montreal winning.

I try to catch as much as I can of the late games, but tend to only watch late into the 2nd period before lights out. LOL. I definitely didn’t shed any tears when VGK were eliminated.
Ya F those guys.

That's fair. Must be pretty late there by the 3rd period. My brother was a Nucks fan and went to Carlton U and I remember him complaining about that. I like to finish the evening with a movie, so I'm sometimes shutting off games early, or just put it on the tablet on the side. Playoffs are a little different.

Reactions: Cosmix

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Ya F those guys.

That's fair. Must be pretty late there by the 3rd period. My brother was a Nucks fan and went to Carlton U and I remember him complaining about that. I like to finish the evening with a movie, so I'm sometimes shutting off games early, or just put it on the tablet on the side. Playoffs are a little different.
second game start is 9:45 to 10:20. Accounting for commercials, end of game is 3 hours later. Or 1AM.

Someone must be watching, the TV broadcasts have been this way for long time.

Ditto for the NBA, although, they tend to finish at closer to 12:30AM.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
second game start is 9:45 to 10:20. Accounting for commercials, end of game is 3 hours later. Or 1AM.

Someone must be watching, the TV broadcasts have been this way for long time.

Ditto for the NBA, although, they tend to finish at closer to 12:30AM.
Sounds about right.

What can you do about it really other than kind of screwing over those in the west. Evening games 6-730 pm start times are where it's at imo.

If there's one thing I appreciate about the Senators start times, it's that I can record them and skip every intermission and ad, and even stoppages sometimes. Can get a game done in an hour if I want.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Ya F those guys.

I used to live further west, and found myself liking to watch Western Conf teams. But, that’s past tense now.

If the game is televised by ESPN+, then I can watch the next day. Playoff coverage is a little weird on ESPN+. Maybe I should check it again though. I have more time during the evenings though for watching sports.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I used to live further west, and found myself liking to watch Western Conf teams. But, that’s past tense now.

If the game is televised by ESPN+, then I can watch the next day. Playoff coverage is a little weird on ESPN+. Maybe I should check it again though. I have more time during the evenings though for watching sports.
Ya location often dictates such things. It's been hard being a Senators fan sometimes, cuz games are on at 4 and I'm not usually home from work until 5 or 530. As I've gotten older, watching them recorded and on delay is my plan, but it used to bother me. Not the type to watch sports right up to bedtime either, so that's another consideration.

Right, the streaming apps. I still have cable lol. I do also get Sportsnet+ and TSN+, but since I like to channel hop a lot, especially during playoffs when NBA playoffs are running concurrently, they aren't great for that ime. I take it you live in the states then?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Ya location often dictates such things. It's been hard being a Senators fan sometimes, cuz games are on at 4 and I'm not usually home from work until 5 or 530. As I've gotten older, watching them recorded and on delay is my plan, but it used to bother me. Not the type to watch sports right up to bedtime either, so that's another consideration.

Right, the streaming apps. I still have cable lol. I do also get Sportsnet+ and TSN+, but since I like to channel hop a lot, especially during playoffs when NBA playoffs are running concurrently, they aren't great for that ime. I take it you live in the states then?
Yes, I live in the U.S. It's ESPN+ now for me, NHLTV.com before that, and Center Ice before that. Hockey is only popular in certain cities in the U.S., so you do things & go to lengths to watch your team.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Sounds about right.

What can you do about it really other than kind of screwing over those in the west. Evening games 6-730 pm start times are where it's at imo.

If there's one thing I appreciate about the Senators start times, it's that I can record them and skip every intermission and ad, and even stoppages sometimes. Can get a game done in an hour if I want.
I am going to come off as being picky, but a 7:15 puck drop in the east is 4:15 in BC. You slap on the PVR and then start watching at 6. Skip past commercials, you see the game by 7:15. Just in time for the Western games.

Here.. You record the late game and watch it the next day, long after you know what happened.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes, I live in the U.S. It's ESPN+ now for me, NHLTV.com before that, and Center Ice before that. Hockey is only popular in certain cities in the U.S., so you do things & go to lengths to watch your team.
Gotcha. Ya different sports landscape down there I'm sure. I remember the days before Center Ice was easily attainable and getting Senators games out here was frustrating. At one point I went with Bell satellite because they were the only ones that offered all the CBC feeds, including the Ottawa one with their games. The lengths we go to lol.
I am going to come off as being picky, but a 7:15 puck drop in the east is 4:15 in BC. You slap on the PVR and then start watching at 6. Skip past commercials, you see the game by 7:15. Just in time for the Western games.

Here.. You record the late game and watch it the next day, long after you know what happened.
Ya, I can jive with that. It sure is nice skipping commercials and intermissions. That used to be a common thing for me, but with a 5 year old autistic child in tow atm half time, it can be tough to make this all happen smoothly. By the time I'm sitting down for the EST game, the game out west is starting, so I'm faced with choices.

And in the spirit of this thread and an avid Oilers watcher atm, Cody Ceci is pretty clearly their biggest liability atm. Poor guy is working hard, but playing too many minutes and struggling. That pairing of him and Nurse is a problem too often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad