Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'm not a huge arizona defender but slc is like the worst possible (reasonably feasible) place to put an nhl franchise. i spend a lot of time in utah and no one there knows or cares about hockey at all and the slc metro is sprawling and a traffic nightmare. they're gonna have attendance problems from day one. i feel like the nhl is enamored with ryan smith for some reason but he's another fake billionaire whose money is all tech bubble

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Kuzmenko's killer instict around the net is insane. The guy is built like a tank, and has the puck skills to actually choose his shot when driving the crease. Exactly what the team is missing now, not at all surprising the PP and overall offense has gone straight down since the trade.

We needed to add a scoring winger, and instead subtracted. So much good work, all likely to be undone by a fumbled deadline deal.

Both Elias' need to step up, and step up now to salvage this upcoming run.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Kuzmenko's killer instict around the net is insane. The guy is built like a tank, and has the puck skills to actually choose his shot when driving the crease. Exactly what the team is missing now, not at all surprising the PP and overall offense has gone straight down since the trade.

We needed to add a scoring winger, and instead subtracted. So much good work, all likely to be undone by a fumbled deadline deal.

Both Elias' need to step up, and step up now to salvage this upcoming run.
Problem is he didn’t work with Tocchet and it wasn’t like he didn’t try to adapt to Tocchet, he just seemed incapable of doing it.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Oilers' PBP notes that it's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins' 31st birthday and my brain melts at the realization that people born in 1993 (my brother's age) are north of 30 now

as of this past week, there are thirty year olds who have never lived in a world with kurt cobain in it, which to me is bonkers

Basically cancels out our horrible loss in OT as well.

One last gift from the Yotes.

this actually is a really good deal for both sides, assuming that the BOG doesn’t give a shit about overexpanding and diluting the league, which obviously it doesn’t

and on that note, what about the salt lake city punx, after this corny movie from my adolescence?

1712993117148.jpeg

and unrelated, anyone know a good free adblocker for safari on ios? this site is borderline unuseable on mobile rn

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Kuzmenko was never going to be effective under Tocchet, it’s been great to see him regain confidence in Calgary, Lindholm has provided zero upgrade from Suter and Blueger, and the Canucks blew their assets on the wrong deadline target.

Unfortunately all can be simultaneously true.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Kuzmenko was never going to be effective under Tocchet, it’s been great to see him regain confidence in Calgary, Lindholm has provided zero upgrade from Suter and Blueger, and the Canucks blew their assets on the wrong deadline target.

Unfortunately all can be simultaneously true.

That 5.5 cap space will be spent wisely in the offseason.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Kuzy hat trick, 22 pts in 26 games with Cgy

Too bad Canucks had no patience with him
We knew Kuzy could score in garbage time, he did it last year too.

On a team playing with structure he couldn't be trusted and was a liability.

I'm not writing off his career, he has a lot of skill. But him getting a hattrick against an actively tanking team in game 80, for a team playing for nothing tells us exactly zilch.

Reactions: quat and DarrenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad