Around the league part 2

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Do you have any idea what “reaction time” means? You’re absolutely crazy if you think he targeted his head when McDavid simultaneously fell. There is ZERO chance he targeted his head. Thinking he did tells me you’ve never played sports competitively if you think he could react that quickly.
It doesn't matter if he targeted the head or the chest. It was a crosscheck, and it was high. You have to control your stick or accept punishment when you don't (provided the league decides to enforce it).

Does worse happen unpunished? Yes. That's the problem. Not the fact a crosscheck into someone's face gets someone suspended.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It doesn't matter if he targeted the head or the chest. It was a crosscheck, and it was high. You have to control your stick or accept punishment when you don't (provided the league decides to enforce it).

Does worse happen unpunished? Yes. That's the problem. Not the fact a crosscheck into someone's face gets someone suspended.
High where? The only reason it was high was because McDavid was falling simultaneously. It’s not like he was standing up right and he headshotted him. That should make a difference because one is more dangerous than the other. There’s a reason why normal cross checks are only 2 minute penalties. I’m sorry but the only three of you on here are wrong. There’s a reason why the NHL factors in their analysis if player X changed their immediate position before they got hit because there’s a difference between a guy having all day and still doing the dangerous action vs a player where a player got hurt during a sudden change in position. I don’t know how you guys are not seeing this.
IMG_9219.png
IMG_9221.png

Suspending Soucy for something so stupid that would at most normally be a two minute penalty is completely ridiculous

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Legitimately textbook goal against the Kings, McDavid skates into the middle of the ice while Draisaitl gets spoon fed another goal. It’s amazing how much money McDavid has made for overrated players like Hyman and Draisaitl

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
High where? The only reason it was high was because McDavid was falling simultaneously. It’s not like he was standing up right and he headshotted him. That should make a difference because one is more dangerous than the other. There’s a reason why normal cross checks are only 2 minute penalties. I’m sorry but the only three of you on here are wrong. There’s a reason why the NHL factors in their analysis if player X changed their immediate position before they got hit because there’s a difference between a guy having all day and still doing the dangerous action vs a player where a player got hurt during a sudden change in position. I don’t know how you guys are not seeing this.View attachment 870944View attachment 870946

Suspending Soucy for something so stupid that would at most normally be a two minute penalty is completely ridiculous
The chest is still high to me, which is where he was looking to aim. And it resulted in a crosscheck to the face, intentional or not.

I know it's been a while, but back in the day even an accidental high-stick just from poorly getting around a defender gets an automatic 4-minute double-minor.

It was an intentional crosscheck. And it hit a player in the face. I don't know how you're confused by this.

And you can think we're "wrong," but the NHL agrees. You just seem more pissed that the Oilers benefit from it than the act. Heck, you're still bringing up McDavid's boarding Anderson. Are you saying you would defend McDavid crosschecking Anderson in the face because he fell forward, and he shouldn't be suspended?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
By this logic Evander Kane should be suspended too for just cross checking Myers in the face. Yet just a penalty

Reactions: kingsfan28

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm sure as punishment they'll be fined for less than the sales of their next lottery pick jersey sales:

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
darnell nurse is an nhl affirmative action hire.
despite taking jiu jitsu during an offseason, the guy cant even punch.
my question is whose contract is worse- if both were signed simultaneously- nurse's or pld's?

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
I spent a big chunk of my childhood in Vancouver as a Kings fan. The obnoxiousness of that fanbase runs deep with me. This is the first time in my life that I’ve cheered for the Canucks to win a game/series.
"The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend" , about the only time I would root for Edmonton would be if they play Montreal (probably wouldn't watch those games truth be told)

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Of note, it says nothing about the charity which is also being sued.

Sorry - the organization lost the benefit of the doubt when they continued to cover up sexual assault for a decade.
i don't disagree about the hawks org generally speaking, but westhead's also lost the benefit of the doubt at this point because he slings every drop of mud at the wall that he can

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Hawks have the coolest logo in the NHL. I think its probably like a very slim percentage that think dont like it, and the natives I grew up around all seemed to really dig it too. The day the Hawks logo/scheme changes is going to highlight the over-reaching arm of "progressivism"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad