Around the League: News/Notes

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
What ever happened to Reebok? Feel like they did kit for most major league sports. Now none. are they still around?

No. They were bought by one of the big ones. The brand is still around for specific things that they couldn’t just absorb by the bigger brand due to reputation in a specific thing, but it’s basically 100% branding in those cases now.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa

If Arizona had moved to Seattle in 2013, I wonder how different things would be vs expansion.

Likely would have played at a Sodo arena for one. I'm guessing they would have done better than the current Coyotes though by actually spending money on the team.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Hope Vancouver win the draft lottery today. I have no hate for them.

I just hope it's not Chicago which probably means it will end up being them.

I'd prefer for Columbus to win it, cause they never had a guy like that in their franchise history.

BTW: Vancouver has never moved up in a draft lottery(just like Arizona) and they basically pi***ed away any real chance winning all those meaningless games.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I just hope it's not Chicago which probably means it will end up being them.

I'd prefer for Columbus to win it, cause they never had a guy like that in their franchise history.

BTW: Vancouver has never moved up in a draft lottery(just like Arizona) and they basically pi***ed away any real chance winning all those meaningless games.
I kind of think Chicago is a cert. Ideally not them or Montreal.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno

Feels like Toronto fans and media are about to go into utter meltdown if they get swept. Wonder if they tear it down if they do and fire the coach and trade Matthews etc.

Those are the young fans (punks?) that will never see the inside of Scotiabank unless they win the lottery. The STH's from TO that attended games at Amalie were knowledgeable and respectful.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Those are the young fans (punks?) that will never see the inside of Scotiabank unless they win the lottery. The STH's from TO that attended games at Amalie were knowledgeable and respectful.
It's an absolute braindead thing to do. Florida players who see that (who already have a chip on their shoulder) probably use it as fuel to the fire. It's also just tempting fate, karma, or whatever.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Well, I can’t imagine HOW, for months, that so many of us knew with absolute certainty that Chicago was winning the Draft Lottery.

I mean how do that many people predict that sort of thing?

Reactions: Scomerica

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Well, I can’t imagine HOW, for months, that so many of us knew with absolute certainty that Chicago was winning the Draft Lottery.

The cynic in me says Pittsburgh gets the next big star when Crosby retires or another big market if someone really struggles before then

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
As a casual Winterhawks watcher, it's cool to see Adin Hill turning in a good game so far.
The past few years a number of them have been taken high, but few have made it very far at the NHL level.

Reactions: The Marquis

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Vegas absolutely kicking ass tonight. Kind of get the vibe the oilers thought the dam had burst after that big away win and all they had to do was take it home and the fans would carry them.

I anticipate Dallas coming out pissed off and all guns blazing tomorrow

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

We should all become fortune tellers and would make loads of money. :sarcasm:

I know it's not rigged but overall it's just crap looking at that franchise winning this right after their franchise player(and his pal) ridee into the sunset(Kane will probably still play elsewhere) and they just started their rebuild a year ago.

Especially with other teams like Columbus, Vancouver, Arizona or Anahiem never having that kind of luck.

Though, the toughest thing is them winning it basically just "right after" that Kyle Beach thing.
giphy.gif

The cynic in me says Pittsburgh gets the next big star when Crosby retires or another big market if someone really struggles before then

Well, 2025 seems to have a pretty special kid in Michael Misa.
That's two years down the road with Sid and Malkin being able to help the kid at least during year one...:naughty:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Last edited:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Landeskog will miss the eintire 2023-24 season as well.

Yikes. SUPER glad the Kraken didn't end up with him. I actually really like him as a player. One of my 10 favorite non-Kraken non-Devils players. However, pretty much out 2 seasons is a LOT of time.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Devils not looking quite ready for prime time just yet, getting pasted by the Canes again. Fortunately for them, their talent is so young that window's going to be open for a long time.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Devils not looking quite ready for prime time just yet, getting pasted by the Canes again. Fortunately for them, their talent is so young that window's going to be open for a long time.
Are Carolina being under rated? That's a few ass kickings dished out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad