Injury Report: Archibald “Not up to Speed”

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
False negatives happen. Had a friend get sick from her husband who was covid positive along with 5 of his fellow coworkers recently. She assumed she obviously had covid as well of course and got tested. Negative not once but twice so she is now going to get further testing to confirm if she did indeed have it.

Nothing but speculation but it's possible he has or had Covid and is having issues because of it.

Edit: also. The cap numbers don't make sense. I thought we were tight including LTIR and Archibald wouldn't change that much. What's the rest number?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Archibald for Gibson.

Let's throw in a 3rd as a sweetener.

giphy.gif

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
False negatives happen. Had a friend get sick from her husband who was covid positive along with 5 of his fellow coworkers recently. She assumed she obviously had covid as well of course and got tested. Negative not once but twice so she is now going to get further testing to confirm if she did indeed have it.

Nothing but speculation but it's possible he has or had Covid and is having issues because of it.

Edit: also. The cap numbers don't make sense. I thought we were tight including LTIR and Archibald wouldn't change that much. What's the rest number?
You should read the op first.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
He either has (or had) Covid or this is an elaborate ploy to avoid answering for his brain dead penalty in the playoffs last year.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You should read the op first.

I don't consider my comments Covid related, as they are specifically in context to Archibalds situation and I don't see how they would cause any issues. But if someone wants me to delete I can.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012

We are close right now because we haven’t placed klef on the LTIR yet. We can either leave him on the roster until after the start date or put him on early but then we need to exceed the cap by exactly his amount. Better to be at the max cap without LTIR and add after to take max advantage of cap savings

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Am I reading this right, that the Oilers could have almost 5M in cap space this season?
We had about 3M after Yamamoto signed.

The main reason why it doesn't appear to be the case is that we are over the 23 man unit, and have to send down players still (and the players we pick to go down will affect our cap space too), and we have Klefbom's LTIR, which isn't claimed yet.

Reactions: oilers'72

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

You think he’s getting a false negative everyday?

Reactions: Biltmore

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wish him the best and hope that he gets back to full health regardless of what the issue is.

Exactly. I have my opinion on his choices, as we all do I'm sure, but first and foremost is his health. He is a young person and it would be a shame for him to have any bad outcomes. Especially considering how he makes a living.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If this is a ploy for the OIlers to get an extra 1.5M of LTIR and for Archie to avoid having to play in the AHL, I will be impressed. Oilers are due to game the system a bit after all the scams other teams have pulled. If he's legit having a health issue though, hope he is better soon.,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad