After the Big 4, who would round out the top 5 as the best players in the league?

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Nothing is going to change the fact that Drai is light years better than Matthews when it comes to playoff performance.
For 100' of the rink, yes. Dude is garbage defensively.

Exactly.
How about Seattle, don’t they play in the Pacific?
Yes, and they are a garbage team too. You have exactly one good team in the Pacific and it is Vegas. I know Edmonton fans love to hang their hats on getting swept/smoked by good teams, but it doesn't make your team a serious contender.

But if you think Seattle is a good team...well, it is obvious you are a fan from Edmonton.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
For 100' of the rink, yes. Dude is garbage defensively.

Exactly.

Yes, and they are a garbage team too. You have exactly one good team in the Pacific and it is Vegas. I know Edmonton fans love to hang their hats on getting swept/smoked by good teams, but it doesn't make your team a serious contender.

But if you think Seattle is a good team...well, it is obvious you are a fan from Edmonton.
Seems your guys had your hands full with them last year though. Weird.

In fact, the Avalanche has been knocked out of the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years by Pacific teams. Weird.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Alex Ovechkin Playoff Stats | StatMuse

Remind you of anyone? Ovechkin struggled, by his standards, in almost every playoff series until the cup run. Even then he was barely over a ppg.

Don't remember anyone back then saying he wasn't in the big 3 because of his playoff stats... Rather that it's remarkably difficult for goal scorers to score goals in the modern NHL playoffs because of the coverage they're subjected to

At least Matthews contributes defensively while scoring at roughly the same clip that Ovi did
Ovechkin also won an Art Ross, 3 Harts, and 3 Lindsays. If Matthews had that kind of hardware, he’d be second only to McDavid and his status wouldn’t be called into question.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Seems your guys had your hands full with them last year though. Weird.
The Avs sucked last year, were decimated with injuries. We just don't cry about it like Edmonton fans.
In fact, the Avalanche has been knocked out of the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years by Pacific teams. Weird.
Yeah Vegas is a good team and the Sharks at the time were far scarier in the playoffs than the Oilers have been since 1990 lmao.

Oh yeah, and at least we didn't get swept like a team that had no business on the ice in the WCF like you guys. :laugh:

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
The Avs sucked last year, were decimated with injuries. We just don't cry about it like Edmonton fans.
Sorry, who was out and injured last year? Can’t really find who didn’t play 6-7 games in that series that mattered. Nuke, I guess, but I wouldn’t think the team would lose to a garbage team over that.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Oh yeah, and at least we didn't get swept like a team that had no business on the ice in the WCF like you guys. :laugh:
No, you lost to the Pacific division WildCard team instead. Weird.

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
The players on my team are more deserving of being on lists than the players on your team, for reasons.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Makar, then Q. Hughes.

If this season, Q. Hughes, then Makar.

Even as a goalie guy, there’s no way I’m putting Hellebyuck over 90 point Dmen with ridiculous +/-

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
If I were you, I would focus more on watching my trash franchise ruin the legacy of McDavid lmao.
If I were you, I’d be relieved that Seattle isn’t a playoff team this year.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019

Yeah Vegas is a good team and the Sharks at the time were far scarier in the playoffs than the Oilers have been since 1990 lmao.

O you guys sure cry about it, just like you're doing now. Vegas plays in the same division as the Oilers and are the reigning champs, so the notion of the oilers playing in a "shit division" is questionable. Not to mention a team from their division also knocked your team out last year.

Probably best to just take the L here and realize it was a stupid comment.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If the playoffs seeded 1-8 like a real league wou

If the leagues playoff format was 1-8 like it should be, the Oilers wouldn't have a single 2nd round series win lmao. Once they get out of that joke division they get smoked by real teams.

I can’t stomach these Stan’s fluffing pasta and drai as if they’ve won anything

It’s a joke. Yay 2nd round! No one gives a shit, that’s not a winner

It’s all or it’s nothing there is no ‘kinda’ winning

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I can’t stomach these Stan’s fluffing pasta and drai as if they’ve won anything

It’s a joke. Yay 2nd round! No one gives a shit, that’s not a winner

It’s all or it’s nothing there is no ‘kinda’ winning
But...no one said anything about that until your gem of a post.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Typical Oilers fan, "Hey we got smoked by a good team, that means we are good too, right?" Worst fan base in NA sports. Least knowledgeable as well.

And I know you are pretty delusional, but one good team does not make a division "good". Also take note that all of you delusional Edmonton fans want to steer this conversation away from how bad your team is come playoffs/vs good teams.
Glad you realized the pacific being a shit division and the avs being a good team are mutually exclusive arguments following their loss to the kraken last year.

And keep fighting the good fight against oilers fans. The work you're doing is really important.

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
These threads never end well. Outside the top 3 its basically anyones team highest point player and everyone else sucks.

Leafs will always get the short end of the stick because they have so many rival teams who hate anything leafs.

Its very very very easily Mathews #4. There is literally no way it isnt. Makar is not ahead of him but is at #5.

If you cant say a guy with 63 goals and on pace for 70 isnt in the top 4. You have serious bias issues. Serious. Be a fan of of the game, not a hater.

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
Again, does one thing really really well.

well shouldn't he put up more points on the powerplay though? if he that's good he shouldn't have to rely on other to create his offense for him.
Hello?

One thing? If that was even true so he is insanely great at the most important thing in the NHL. Scoring goals. So thats not good enough? lol

He is also a decent passer, backchecks well and his takeaways/steals are quite incredible.

Some of you 'fans' are mindblowing.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Ovechkin also won an Art Ross, 3 Harts, and 3 Lindsays. If Matthews had that kind of hardware, he’d be second only to McDavid and his status wouldn’t be called into question.

Matthews is 2nd to only McDavid in hardware amongst the names mentioned in this thread and his status in the top 5 is called into question.

The goal posts would continue to move regardless of what Matthews does.

Reactions: TIGERCOOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad