Player Discussion: Adam Fantilli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It's seems to me that he can be captain only if Jenner isn't play here. The same applies to the assistant.
I don't know what to think. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's not him but Jakub Voracek that will be joining the booth in the 2021/22 season. I've always been a Boone supporter, see last discussion. But now I'm not sure if @cbjthrowaway wasn't right. I hope I'm wrong, Boone is one of my favorite players, he is a great warrior and a good player.
The timeline is up in the air. But if there is regime change in the front office, then I would think there's a good chance that Fantilli gets named Captain.

I'm not anti Boone one bit. I think he's a warrior and has been one of the most significant all time CBJ players. But I look at Fantilli as a possible Yzerman type of long term leader. If he's the franchise player most think that he'll be and combined with what I and many perceive to be leadership qualities, then it's a move that should be made. Boone's a pro and I'm sure he'd get it. He'd still be part of the leadership group albeit in an assistant's role.

I was hoping we could get the C change done beforehand.
Have your daughter call Nash and get the damn ball rolling.

Reactions: puckgoalnet

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The timeline is up in the air. But if there is regime change in the front office, then I would think there's a good chance that Fantilli gets named Captain.

I'm not anti Boone one bit. I think he's a warrior and has been one of the most significant all time CBJ players. But I look at Fantilli as a possible Yzerman type of long term leader. If he's the franchise player most think that he'll be and combined with what I and many perceive to be leadership qualities, then it's a move that should be made. Boone's a pro and I'm sure he'd get it. He'd still be part of the leadership group albeit in an assistant's role.
I wouldn't be so sure here. Besides, maybe it's time for our leadership group to change. I think there are Boone, Zach, Johnny, Kuraly and Guds. Btw, I like Guds there.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think he's one of those guys who hates losing as well considering he wasn't afraid to call out the Larsen country club last year.

I think it's better not to be able to lose. In a good sense of the word. Jakub Voráček couldn't even lose in the "Man, don't be angry (Človeče, nehnevaj sa)" game.

c81e2957677f3f5f5c3503c94d7ec895.jpg

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Before you can sew on the C you need to prove you can handle the rigors of an NHL season. The kid hasn't, which isn't in his control at this point. I say he opens the 25-26 campaign as C. Again, not for trading Jenner UNLESS...somebody comes to you with something that blows you away. Then you pull that trigger.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You can transfer the captaincy to Fantilli in a couple years. I don't know why there is fuss about it now, he was drafted a few months ago!

It's seems to me that he can be captain only if Jenner isn't play here. The same applies to the assistant.

You don't need to trade Boone. I guess it's HF though, we must hurry up and get rid of anyone over the age of 30.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I expect Boone to be traded this season … leadership group isn’t working , he will command a pretty big return as he could push a contender into winning the cup.. jackets have overused him past 2 years , and his back is not getting better

• Haha
Reactions: Monk

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Its a letter, in the locker room is what matters. C is an honor but players know who the leaders are. It wont be the same style but nothing saying we cant have 2 guys pushing the team in different ways like Foligno/Dubinsky

Yeah but the team sucks, so we need to get the current leadership off the team. Get the ineffable taint out lol.

I expect Boone to be traded this season … leadership group isn’t working , he will command a pretty big return as he could push a contender into winning the cup.. jackets have overused him past 2 years , and his back is not getting better

Right on cue.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So we can get younger and wait another 3-5 for those firsts to make an impact and start this cycle all over again. Sounds good.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Fantilli is one of the most talented players I’ve seen in a Bluejackets sweater.
This year or ever?

As a Canadian, I'd love to have him to be at the World Juniors but we'll just have to settle for future Olympics and World Cups.

Before you can sew on the C you need to prove you can handle the rigors of an NHL season. The kid hasn't, which isn't in his control at this point. I say he opens the 25-26 campaign as C. Again, not for trading Jenner UNLESS...somebody comes to you with something that blows you away. Then you pull that trigger.
Yes, PLEASE do NOT rush that kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT and majormajor

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
This year or ever?

As a Canadian, I'd love to have him to be at the World Juniors but we'll just have to settle for future Olympics and World Cups.

Yes, PLEASE do NOT rush that kid.

He’s on par with Panarin on talent but seems to be a better leader. Some players enjoy stuffing the stat sheets and winning is secondary and while they are fun to watch it’s hard to call them a favorite since it’s all about them. Fantilli has the skills but even more importantly he wants to win.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He’s on par with Panarin on talent but seems to be a better leader. Some players enjoy stuffing the stat sheets and winning is secondary and while they are fun to watch it’s hard to call them a favorite since it’s all about them. Fantilli has the skills but even more importantly he wants to win.
Nice! Now... Can Canada have him for the next 4 weeks, please?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
No. You (we) can have Mateychuk and Dumais and we'll like it :laugh:

:)

Not sure if you watch the World Juniors but Canada's team could have been one of the best EVER(!!!) if Bedard, Fantlli, Benson, Potrais, Wright and KK were released. It would have been OFF... THE... CHARTS.

😭 Such a shame. 😭 Just heartbreaking. 😭

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
:)

Not sure if you watch the World Juniors but Canada's team could have been one of the best EVER(!!!) if Bedard, Fantlli, Benson, Potrais, Wright and KK were released. It would have been OFF THE CHARTS. 😭 Such a shame.
The World Juniors is the best hockey there is, of course I watch it :laugh:. It would be nice to have a stacked team but thats been Canada's issue for forever with multiple talents graduating to the NHL as teenagers and why it took a lockout to see the best team ever assembled. It just creates a new set of challenges for the players/coaches as a couple teams will be pretty loaded this year, adds to the excitement.

For context of how amped I get for the WJC, I broke my bed in my excitement when Eberle scored the game tying goal vs Russia in 09 :laugh:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The World Juniors is the best hockey there is, of course I watch it :laugh:. It would be nice to have a stacked team but thats been Canada's issue for forever with multiple talents graduating to the NHL as teenagers and why it took a lockout to see the best team ever assembled. It just creates a new set of challenges for the players/coaches as a couple teams will be pretty loaded this year, adds to the excitement.

For context of how amped I get for the WJC, I broke my bed in my excitement when Eberle scored the game tying goal vs Russia in 09 :laugh:
You're Canadian!!! I didn't notice that. :)

Our team looks good and we could win - the U.S.'s team looks amazing up front but is lacking in the back / Sweden looks very good at home - but we went from a team that could not lose to a team that might win because the stupid NHL loves Canadian teens. Again, it's a shame.

I'm glad you'll be watching because we could use all the karma we can get.

Have a great weekend, my friend. I am off for a swim. God bless.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevo61

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad