Prospect Info: 75th overall pick - Vinzenz Rohrer

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's playing National League, not Swiss League which would be the 2nd tier league. He's doing very well indeed though. Scoring quite a bit despite not getting much PP time. Scored 9 of 11 points at even strength. Listed as 13th forward most nights but his ice time doesn't really reflect that. Playing almost 12mins per game at even strength which is good for 7th among forwards of his team and is quite impressive for a forward of his age playing on a, as you said, very deep team with almost unlimited money to spend in a league that is the exact opposite of a development league.

It's a tough league to get points, especially for young players., so I agree he's doing well.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's a tough league to get points, especially for young players., so I agree he's doing well.
The ZSC Lions do have their own farm team (GCK Lions) in the SL, the 2nd tier league which is still higher level than the OHL. However, Rohrer so far hasn't played a single for the SL team. Tells you everything you need to know. Some SL games would be a pretty good fallback option for a prospect lacking confidence or playing time but Rohrer didn't need any of it.

Reactions: bopeep and FrankMTL

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, of course I meant the top tier league. He plays in a top team chasing the championship win and being a 7th forward there in his first pro season it's a nice feat

Yeah, and he's actually pretty close from top6 ice time, is playing inside the top6 quite a bit despite what the lineup cards say. Rohrer is playing an average of 11:55 at even strength, Derek Grant at nr.6 is averaging 12:19. Of course that's because Grant is playing special teams as well. Still I think it shows that Rohrer's coaches are pretty high on him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Godin article on Rohrer, glowing praise from his coach (Marc Crawford) especially regarding his compete. Crawford said he had Mike Keane twice on teams he coached and he straight up compared both.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Godin article on Rohrer, glowing praise from his coach (Marc Crawford) especially regarding his compete. Crawford said he had Mike Keane twice on teams he coached and he straight up compared both.

I have heard lots of praise of this prospect from those who follow Euro leagues. I'm glad the Habs brass embraced the idea for him to play in Switzerland - he had a really successful year there!!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

I miss the days when bottom 6 players brought so much more than “being able to play up and down the line up” and “is the least of the team’s problems”

He hasn't given much of a reason to be remembered
I feel that way about half the current line up, so he kinda fits in

Reactions: Tyson

JT3

May 27, 2013
He hasn't given much of a reason to be remembered
He's out of the limelight over there but I disagree, he just played a 3rd line role on a championship pro team in a good league, and did pretty well at it. He won't be turning 20 until September. When he comes over in another year he'll have just turned/be turning 21 and already have 2 years of pro experience under his belt.

He's a solid prospect, not a big guy but honestly could be a Lehkonen type (habs era, not current avs Lehkonen)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I miss the days when bottom 6 players brought so much more than “being able to play up and down the line up” and “is the least of the team’s problems”

I feel that way about half the current line up, so he kinda fits in
Maybe he starts progressing like Engstrom and Kapanen.

He's out of the limelight over there but I disagree, he just played a 3rd line role on a championship pro team in a good league, and did pretty well at it. He won't be turning 20 until September. When he comes over in another year he'll have just turned/be turning 21 and already have 2 years of pro experience under his belt.

He's a solid prospect, not a big guy but honestly could be a Lehkonen type (habs era, not current avs Lehkonen)
One can hope. He is young.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Maybe he starts progressing like Engstrom and Kapanen.

One can hope. He is young.
At the very least he should come over and be an AHL contributor right away. Beyond that we will have to see (like any prospects drafted beyond the 1st round really), but he's a smart kid, works hard and plays the right way.

Reactions: cphabs and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad