Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think there's some possibility we just rent Rantanen for a season.

Lehkonen should never be on this list. Same with Nuke.
Yup. Lehkonen isnt a player you trade away at this point to make room for another. And Nuke is a core player like Toews is. Lehkonen is on the cusp. Drourin isnt at that level of importance yet (unless he comes in a tears it up rest of the playoffs).

To make room, its colton, manson, girard, wood (not that hes gonna be worth much.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I sure hope we could keep Drouin somehow.

I think that's a guy who could top his previous career high next season, so he could be very good value for the future.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Yup. Lehkonen isnt a player you trade away at this point to make room for another. And Nuke is a core player like Toews is. Lehkonen is on the cusp. Drourin isnt at that level of importance yet (unless he comes in a tears it up rest of the playoffs).

To make room, its colton, manson, girard, wood (not that hes gonna be worth much.

If Landeskog doesn’t come back we can keep everyone including Drouin.

If Landeskog comes back we dont need Drouin.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Yep. I agree. A guy who finished 8th in league scoring with 104 points should be on the 3rd line and Zach F’n Parise should be a line ahead of him.

[MOD]

I'm not splitting Mack and Drouin, Nuke deserves top line minutes, and that 2nd line has been great so far, hence Mikko goes to the 3rd line.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not splitting Mack and Drouin, Nuke deserves top line minutes, and that 2nd line has been great so far, hence Mikko goes to the 3rd line.

Lol. Good thing you’re not the coach

I’m putting the guy who had 104 points playing with Mackinnon instead of the guy who had 56 points playing with Mackinnon on the top line.

But if you don’t want to win games I guess you do you.

Last edited:

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Bednar won't allow CMac to move Lehkonen. He loves this player way too much.

I've said it and gotten pushback on it but it honestly would not surprise me if Ross Colton is the guy. They have a center in the pipeline in Cal Ritchie, they wouldn't be asking him to play top-six minutes, they could insulate him by putting Landeskog on his wing the way Dallas did Wyatt Johnston and Jamie Benn. The template is there.

I understand they spent assets on Colton to fix the center position but they spend assets on any player they trade for. They spent assets to bring Lehkonen aboard, too. The spending of assets shouldn't be a reason why you can't move a guy.

Lehkonen is so much better than Ross Colton and they make similar money.

Unless the organization decides to be bold and trade Mikko Rantanen, I think the list of players potentially traded in order is:

1) Ross Colton
2) Josh Manson
3) Samuel Girard
4) Artturi Lehkonen
Yep roll Ritchie/Landy in a wing center role and get a 3C at the deadline (among other things). Drouin isn’t coming back unless a high ticket guy is getting LTIR

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
If Landeskog doesn’t come back we can keep everyone including Drouin.

If Landeskog comes back we dont need Drouin.

If Landy doesn't come back we can keep Drouin and maybe Sean Walker. If he's any good. Also, I rather keep Drouin than Colton.

Does anyone even know if Landy is skating on his own or how hard he's skating if he is?

Tradecraft.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong on Lehky (in relation to re-signing Drouin). It makes a ton of sense from an asset management to re-sign Drouin using Lehky’s cap space while getting a great trade return for Lehky.

But Lehky’s just too good and too valuable to credibly make that argument, even if it means losing out on a great player who would sign a team friendly deal in JD.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I think Landeskog will have a hard time resuming his career, can't see him coming back this season, even if we reach the Finals.
I think we don't know jack yet, this is being guarded as closely as anything in Avs history. I lean towards the "he's cooked" side more out of impatience than anything. It's entirely possible that he's coming back and the timeline will be on the longer side and we don't see him until next season. I wouldn't be shocked if he arises from the upside down and plays in a later series, if we make it that far.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nuke/Mack/Mikko
Lehky/Mitts/Ritchie
Landy/Colton/Koval
Wood/Trenin/LOC

Towes/Makar
G/Manz
Behrens/Malinski
We'd lose Drouin, Walker, Duhaime, Parise, JJ, Cogs

I like keeping Trenin though. Does it work with the cap?

If so that looks pretty realistic. Bottom pairing is scary AF and Ritchie in the top 6 is risky but that's the kind of stuff we should expect.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

If so that looks pretty realistic. Bottom pairing is scary AF and Ritchie in the top 6 is risky but that's the kind of stuff we should expect.
With those rookie salaries, they'd have roughly $7M in cap space to re-sign Mitts and Trenin. Trenin would have to take a pay cut from the $1.7M he makes now.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I wonder if colton gets traded for cap space and we bring in jonathan toews for a 1 year deal? Maybe hes slightly rejuvenated after one year off?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
They gave up assets to fill a specific need (3C) with him and signed him to an extension. I doubt he goes

Rather keep Drouin at four million.
Yep. I agree. A guy who finished 8th in league scoring with 104 points should be on the 3rd line and Zach F’n Parise should be a line ahead of him.

[MOD]

Agree. The question is if Logan O'Connor should be third RW, thus promoting Mikko Rantanen to the fourth line.

My presidential promise: "Keep both Rantanen and Drouin".

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

I say as Miles Davis: Jack Johnson! The up and coming LD are still a few more years away.

No Mikko Rantanen makes me:

a) anxious
b) scared
c) depressed

Everything Avs do is dependent on a few players that could score at will. I do not want that to go away.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Would anyone trade Rantanen for Jiricek, Marchenko and a pick? Seems like exactly the player Columbus would love to have with Fantilli.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin

Landeskog - Mittelstadt - Lehkonen

Kovalenko - Colton - Marchenko

Wood - Trenin? - O’Connor

Toews - Makar

Girard - Walker

Jiricek - Malinski

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Rants will be free agent in one year. I doubt he has interest staying in Columbus for longer, which would destroy any interest from them.

Rantanen has expressed his intention to stay in Colorado. If that’s off the table, his best choice is probably to get to free agency where he can maximize his value and choose where to play. So what you say about Columbus also applies to any team.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad