WC: 2024 Team USA

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
Was looking through the American players that played in Europe this season since USA Hockey sometimes adds one or two - particularly when the tournament is played there. Only ones having big years wear 35+ guys like defenseman Ryan Gunderson and former Coyote Peter Mueller and undersized forwards Steve Moses and Broc Little. Gunderson actually played for USA in the 2018 Olympics.
Mueller had a decent year in the german league, would like to see him play in the world cup

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
As a third maybe but don’t they usually bring a guy about to turn pro?
I was thinking as the third, and I agree it wouldn't be normal. I just wonder with how good both guys have been for Team USA at the lower level if they look at getting them looks with this team as the #3 guessing that they might be the guy a couple times before the close of the decade.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That’s a solid commit from a B-teamer. Hopefully more of the B team and some of the A- minus team commit to give themselves the best odds for 2026.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Werenski is firmly in my top 7/8 U.S. d-men so this is great news. Other guys I expect are in the mix: S. Jones, Sanderson, Fowler, Faulk, Krug, Carlson, Marino, L. Hughes, Hutson, etc.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Please no Jones, please no Jones. I don't want him to give USAH brass any reason to unnecessarily consider him for the best-of teams.
He's actually had a good bounceback season compared to the prior two. Don't see the point in getting greedy on World Championship rosters when the alternative is gonna be some AHL guy.

USA is pretty weirdly stacked with RHD between Fox, McAvoy and then you got Faber coming on and Carlson may still be around, so if you're fretting that they're gonna pick Jones and put him in the top 4 or something crazy for the Olympics I think that's pretty unfounded (unless we're decimated enough with injuries that it shouldn't matter anyways).

Reactions: Eye of Ra

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He's actually had a good bounceback season compared to the prior two. Don't see the point in getting greedy on World Championship rosters when the alternative is gonna be some AHL guy.

USA is pretty weirdly stacked with RHD between Fox, McAvoy and then you got Faber coming on and Carlson may still be around, so if you're fretting that they're gonna pick Jones and put him in the top 4 or something crazy for the Olympics I think that's pretty unfounded (unless we're decimated enough with injuries that it shouldn't matter anyways).

It's been a bit better but still not anything noteworthy in terms of being close to his previous high forms.

USA was stacked with RHD when Jones was named one of our original 3 players to the 2022 Olympic team before the NHL backed out. Now I'm sure Stan Bowman was a big reason for that, and he's not the team GM thankfully for the Four Nations or Olympics, but it's not unfounded to worry about USAH making a stupid roster decision involving the same RHD players 3 years after they made that exact same stupid decision.

He's fine for a normal WC of course. That wasn't my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecemleafs

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Thought you said don’t bring Jones to the world championships because he might play good and then USA would pick him for the Olympics, but whatever. The guy was just naming potentially available players anyways.

Precisely. I said he's fine for a normal WC. As of now, it's not a normal WC. I know. A lot of the guys he named won't be in contention for a best-of team next year, regardless of how they play.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
John Gibson needs a complete reset. He needs to get out of Anaheim and hopefully he can find himself again. Daccord, Nedeljkovic, Lindgren and Lyon all should be there if they don't make playoffs. No excuses. Primeau and Wolf are the backup options if for some reason they can't bring three from those four to the WC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad