U18: 2024 Team USA

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
This game should have been buried in this period. Instead, it ended 2-2.

This is now the third year in a very short time where we are clearly the best team in the tournament, but we might not win because we don't take our chances.

I don't know if it's something to worry about, but we're not very clinical. Once again.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I shouldn't be angry about boys hockey games, but the way we've lost three gold medals in recent years, it's hard to accept this.

This time, of course, I have to say that I would not have thought that we would collapse like this. Two excellent periods where the game should have been buried and then completely passive in the last period. Soft major and that was it

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It was a dumb hit. They were running Canada out of the barn in the first 2 periods, didn't bury their chances, let a talented team hang around, and then undisciplined play and a bad PK all game buried them. About as disastrous a period as you could possibly imagine after the first 40.

NTDP collapses are becoming all too common in this tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I felt that it was an unnecessary hit as well, but I don't know what Connelly could do about the fact that the Canadian skater was going down right before the hit was completed.

Should have been a 2 minute penalty for sure, but nothing more.
IIHF reffing has been a source of consternation for as long as I can remember. It sucks and everyone is victimized.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I feel for the NTDP boys who watched their season end because of Connolly’s braindead play. The PK was not good and certainly shouldn’t be let off the hook, but without that major they probably win that game.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Didn't bury their chances. Let a team a talented team hang around. Braindead major penalty. And a bad PK and Kempf. Too much to overcome.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
You can't hit a guy in the head. If you do it's a 5. It's a basic IIHF rule. Doesn't matter if he didn't mean to do it. There was no reason to even throw the hit. You're asking for trouble when you go that far to throw a hit on a guy that's already engaged with another player.
connelly saw the chance to light a kid up and decided he wanted to blow up a player over helping his team win. outrageously selfish play.

Their goaltending sucked in this game.
the american goalie played soooo small in net. the first 2 goals he basically gave away the entire top half of the net.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Maybe Canada deserved it, considering how bad we were even before the major penalty in the last period.

I worry about the ability to win when it comes to USA Hockey. Canada set the example today.

On the other hand, the 01 and 04 age groups learned from such an experience and they faced an even worse defeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad