Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Sure. This felt like it was more than what Coyote fans are used to. A great deal more.
They gave us more information than we realized. This just means that we need to look at prospects that are the opposite of what they say next year :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jakey53

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Pronman has us taking 6-3’ stud defenseman Sam Dickinson in the 4 spot. He plays for London in the OHL.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
If we're picking between 6-12 again (assumably we will), we should take the best D available.

Getting another number 1 caliber defenseman should be a priority, to space out the future D-core.

(D-Core by 26/27)

Simashev-Moser

Duda-Lamoureux

Kolyachonok-Sodestrom

Save for Simashev, the lineup above consists of guys who could project to be number 2 defensemen, but more than likely top out at being number 3 defensemen (second pairing guys).

Plus, if we can trade Zucker at the TDL for another 1st round pick (no matter where the pick is), we can use that and all the 2nds we have to move up and grab another 2nd line wing to play on the 3rd line.

(FWD core by 26/27)

Keller-Cooley-Guenther

Crouse-Geekie-But

Maccelli-Hayton-Lutz/Fedotov

Jenik-McBain-Doan

We missed our window for Bedard, so number 1 superstar Center moniker falls on Cooley, and number 2 center status falls to Geekie (Hayton ain't topping out at that).

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sure. This felt like it was more than what Coyote fans are used to. A great deal more.
Seriously, bro? There are plenty of good reasons to complain about the Coyotes. This isn't one of them.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I hope that we find in later rounds a true shut down center. Couldn't care if he only gets 10 points in the season. Let him play 3rd or 4th line and match him up against to top centers in the West.

My first desire is to be able to roll 4 big scoring lines and force other teams to match up against us. No more low talent "energy lines" to take up minutes and "push the game forward".

My second desire is for a true shut down line that we can match up against the top lines in the West.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seriously, bro? There are plenty of good reasons to complain about the Coyotes. This isn't one of them.
I’ll let him speak for himself, but I didn’t read his comment as a complaint. For me, this was a noteworthy amount of obfuscation. I’m not mad, I’m impressed. And I’ve learned a lesson. These guys are really cagey. Really, really cagey. Chayka and Maloney just spilled their guts all the time. BA & Co are much more crafty.

I hope that we find in later rounds a true shut down center. Couldn't care if he only gets 10 points in the season. Let him play 3rd or 4th line and match him up against to top centers in the West.

My first desire is to be able to roll 4 big scoring lines and force other teams to match up against us. No more low talent "energy lines" to take up minutes and "push the game forward".

My second desire is for a true shut down line that we can match up against the top lines in the West.
McBain? I feel like he’s got real potential to be the perfect 4th line center.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’ll let him speak for himself, but I didn’t read his comment as a complaint. For me, this was a noteworthy amount of obfuscation. I’m not mad, I’m impressed. And I’ve learned a lesson. These guys are really cagey. Really, really cagey. Chayka and Maloney just spilled their guts all the time. BA & Co are much more crafty.

I think that we need someone a bit faster, and importantly, quicker, to keep McDavid in check. I want the dipsy-doodles shut down to force these centers to play a more constrained game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Come on rt you can't be that naive. At the best of times you can't trust what GM's say, and at the draft and before, even more so.

rt

May 13, 2004
He must be young.

Pavel Bure says Hi.
Nobody on this continent, save for a select few, ever saw him as a prospect, to be fair.

Come on rt you can't be that naive. At the best of times you can't trust what GM's say, and at the draft and before, even more so.
I explained myself earlier in this thread. Have a look if you’re interested. Or don’t. ;)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Nobody on this continent, save for a select few, ever saw him as a prospect, to be fair.

I explained myself earlier in this thread. Have a look if you’re interested. Or don’t. ;)
Pretty sure Bure played in the WJHC and was drafted the next summer. The issue was everyone else had his birthday wrong and thought he was not draft eligible.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Pretty sure Bure played in the WJHC and was drafted the next summer. The issue was everyone else had his birthday wrong and thought he was not draft eligible.
i believe there was a games played requirement during that time period and nobody believed that he had played the appropriate number with the exception of the Canucks who had done their due diligence with Igor Kuperman who produced the game sheets. Igor went on to work for the Jets and moved with the team to AZ.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Darryl Plandowski say they feel even now and can take bpa (paraphrasing). Do you think that’s draft speak? RD is still a need imo and you can never have too many centers.
I wouldn't believe a word ... they say you never draft for need .. interesting that he now says we can draft BPA

I will say it may turn out that Simashev was the BPA at 6 .. time will tell , he sure looks im[pressive to me

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Did anyone catch Charlie Elick play while watching Brandon this year? Size and snarl BA likes without the offense (not yet anyways). First round projection by Pronman, for RHD he has him after the Calgary kid Yakemchuk and Levshunov.

rt

May 13, 2004
Did anyone catch Charlie Elick play while watching Brandon this year? Size and snarl BA likes without the offense (not yet anyways). First round projection by Pronman, for RHD he has him after the Calgary kid Yakemchuk and Levshunov.
I did. I watched Brandon quite a few times to check out Nate Danielson. Elick was usually pretty quiet. Didn’t stand out much. Probably a good thing given his age and role on the team. I’m looking forward to focusing on him more this season.

They’ve got a ‘25 draft prospect named Roger McQueen that really stood out, good and bad. 6’5 bean-pole who can really move. Flashes skill and dynamism. Makes a lot of mistakes.

I think Brandon will be a better team this year. I’m looking forward to watching them more.

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad