NFL: 2024 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like Eagles/Falcons Week 2 MNF. They love Kirk Cousins in Philly in prime time in week 2

Last edited:

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The shit butler said is honestly the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, he legitimately said that at a college graduation to women getting their degrees. I have no idea how he didn’t get booed off stage. News hardly ever bothers or shocks me these days but this is honestly disgusting, I would fire him immediately. What sort of message does that give to young women? Or young professional women trying to advance in their careers? In the day and age of podcast and everyone wants to give their opinion, I wish some people would just shut the f up.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The shit butler said is honestly the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, he legitimately said that at a college graduation to women getting their degrees. I have no idea how he didn’t get booed off stage. News hardly ever bothers or shocks me these days but this is honestly disgusting, I would fire him immediately. What sort of message does that give to young women? Or young professional women trying to advance in their careers? In the day and age of podcast and everyone wants to give their opinion, I wish some people would just shut the f up.
I always knew Butker "drove in the right lane" but had no idea he was THAT much in the stone age. Don't expect much from Hunt in the form of discipline as Clarkie boy is not exactly a forward thinker himself.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Butker will only get cut for one of two reasons:

1. He starts affecting the bottom line.
2. Teammates don't want him around any longer.

Even though he's "just a kicker" he's a good one. If he's some end of the roster guy he's probably cut already cause it wouldn't be worth the headache.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Butker will only get cut for one of two reasons:

1. He starts affecting the bottom line.
2. Teammates don't want him around any longer.

Even though he's "just a kicker" he's a good one. If he's some end of the roster guy he's probably cut already cause it wouldn't be worth the headache.
As I said above it is widely known that Butker leaned that way politically & I'm sure all his teammates know this. Someone on X claimed Mahomes & him don't speak but I think Mahomes & the others are smart enough to put all that personal crap aside for the good of the team.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
As I said above it is widely known that Butker leaned that way politically & I'm sure all his teammates know this. Someone on X claimed Mahomes & him don't speak but I think Mahomes & the others are smart enough to put all that personal crap aside for the good of the team.

There's 53-90 guys on a roster at any given time, with all different beliefs and backgrounds, there's gonna be a few stupid ones on both ends of the spectrum and not everyones going to agree, as long as they can work/act professionally with each other who really cares.

I mean Rashee Rice is hurting the team more by keep getting himself in trouble with the law than Butker is with his shitty perspective on women and LGBT.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Let's make no mistake about it. If Mahomes wants Butker gone then he'll be gone. He's already said he doesn't talk to him. At the end of the day he's just a kicker and he certainly wasn't responsible for the Chiefs winning any SB's.

Btw, what kind of College/University gets a 28 year old jock(an extremely dumb one at that) to speak at a college graduation. Even if he wasn't a mouth breather I don't think a whole lot of wisdom would come from a guy like that.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Nah, this is way worse than a tweet or dug up tweets from years ago. Everyone knows about the Bosa brothers or the Provorovs of the world. Getting on a stage and being vocal about it is pure hate, he’s a POS

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Man...Jags have another two games overseas. Just trying to get higher revenue in the short term or is this foreshadowing??

Kinda think Khan just wants an excuse to see his team in London a couple times

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nah, this is way worse than a tweet or dug up tweets from years ago. Everyone knows about the Bosa brothers or the Provorovs of the world. Getting on a stage and being vocal about it is pure hate, he’s a POS
Apparently he also talked about Kelce and Taylor Swift. Can't see that going over well with Kelce and by extension Mahomes. Mahomes, I think, cares alot of his public image. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Mahomes and Kelce make this their issue. If they do, Butker is toast.

Reactions: max21

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Kinda think Khan just wants an excuse to see his team in London a couple times
I'm sure the PA would block anyway, but as you say, Khan is a loose cannon. He's threatened relo in the past and the league has been flirting with London for over a decade now.

Reactions: LT

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Man...Jags have another two games overseas. Just trying to get higher revenue in the short term or is this foreshadowing??

Jags have bascially been the "London team" for years now and have a handshake deal to play there every year.

I'm sure the PA would block anyway, but as you say, Khan is a loose cannon. He's threatened relo in the past and the league has been flirting with London for over a decade now.

Think I saw the other day they just approved a huge Stadium deal for the Jags. Not sure if it was a new one or just a renovation of the current, but I think that keeps them from moving to London permanently for a while.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Let's make no mistake about it. If Mahomes wants Butker gone then he'll be gone. He's already said he doesn't talk to him. At the end of the day he's just a kicker and he certainly wasn't responsible for the Chiefs winning any SB's.

Btw, what kind of College/University gets a 28 year old jock(an extremely dumb one at that) to speak at a college graduation. Even if he wasn't a mouth breather I don't think a whole lot of wisdom would come from a guy like that.
Seen plenty of celebs/athletes do these speeches. Up to the school to vet them. Anything in the background of Butker that would indicate he would have gone in that direction in his speech?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Seen plenty of celebs/athletes do these speeches. Up to the school to vet them. Anything in the background of Butker that would indicate he would have gone in that direction in his speech?
Yeah, plenty do them but I'm asking why would a school want a young football player to be the speaker. What kind of wisdom/advice would a guy like that be able to give to University grads who are only a few years younger?

Reactions: Daz28

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, plenty do them but I'm asking why would a school want a young football player to be the speaker. What kind of wisdom/advice would a guy like that be able to give to University grads who are only a few years younger?
Honestly, who knows.... Guess someone thought it would be cool to have a pro athlete there.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
no wonder mahomes said he never talks to butker

Got bad news for you...Mahomes is also a devote Evangelical Christian who frequently cites God. He probably agrees with all the stuff Butker said.

Is this a joke? That quote was tongue in cheek on the Pat Mcafee show. Basically said 'Kickers are weird' man.

If you know his religious beliefs, you'll know he probabyl agrees with everything Butker said.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Think I saw the other day they just approved a huge Stadium deal for the Jags. Not sure if it was a new one or just a renovation of the current, but I think that keeps them from moving to London permanently for a while.
Wow...very timely. Looks like this is pretty new. City and team agree on a $1.25 Billion stadium which would be a 50/50 split. Just needs to clear another hurdle or two. I'd assume the London/Jags "partnership" ends once that stadium is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad