HF Habs: 2024 Draft- Who do you pick?

Who do you pick at 6th overall?

• Total voters

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Alright, here it is, a quick poll to see who everybody's preference is for the 2024 Draft as of RIGHT NOW. I know things can change after the U18's and the WC's. This poll is assuming that we're drafting 6th, and i've removed Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Lindstrom and Dickinson assuming they're all picked in the Top 5.

Have at it.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Iginla.

if he, Lindstrom, and Demidov are gone i think my preference would be to go with Parekh and package Mailloux with a first and second rounder for a quality top 6 F. easier said than done but it wouldn't have to be rushed. could be a summer 2025 move.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I choose Iginla but I hesitated a lot. I would be ok with Catton and Parekh. At the end of the day, Tij is a bigger need for us.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Catton or Eiserman. Hard to say whether Catton will be there when we come up to mic. Eiserman is still the best pure goal scorer in the draft by just about all metrics and opinions. The same concerns thrown out about his all around game were there for Caufield. CC is becoming a complete player. If Eiserman has the same work ethic, I see no reason he can't do the same. That will be up to the scouts to decide.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Catton, don't let the hit jobs fool you. He's a way more complete player than advertised and he routinely scores and makes plays from the interior of the ice.
I haven't watched him at all save from a couple of highlights. I'm wondering about his playoffs performance. Obviously, it's a super small sample (only 4 games), but he has not produced anywhere near his regular season pace. Anything of concern about his play when things get tougher?

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I'm not that confident about the defence to be quite honest, so I voted Buium. I feel like we have much more quality at forwards than at D and this draft class is impressive with them

He won't be available for us I fear though

However I'd try to then climb the draft in the mid-late tens to catch a winger or trade for one

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I haven't watched him at all save from a couple of highlights. I'm wondering about his playoffs performance. Obviously, it's a super small sample (only 4 games), but he has not produced anywhere near his regular season pace. Anything of concern about his play when things get tougher?

Nope, he was a beast in Hlinka. His production in third periods are off the charts. Spokane is just an awful team with no supporting cast and PG is a buzz saw.

They focused on shrinking everything around him and had no one else to make a play. It's one of those things that happen in junior hockey when a guy is on an island.

If he has a poor performance at the U18s maybe that softens that view but he's been clutch in most opportunities to be clutch. Even in the final game he had 2 assists in the 3rd.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm surprised @KevSkillz4 hasn't picked Silayev yet....I put him on the poll just for him as I know that he's BY FAR his favorite prospect :sarcasm:

Hahaha! I will don't pick him even with the WGP pick.

For the question, I hesitate between Eiserman, Catton and Iginla. I think all 3 are very good options for the Habs.

I would certainly pick Tij Iginla, have huge offensive talent, but with hard work in his game, he want to win. Like Slafkovsky, they are both players with desire to become better.

I feel something special about Tij Iginla, if Habs pick 6-7-8, I would pick him.

But I will totally be happy aswell if they pick Eiserman or Catton before him. They are both having high offensive potential and they are both worth a top 8 selection, for sure!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
No there’s no concern at all they will tell you. Obviously it’s not true.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I agree that it's very tough to choose between Iginla, Catton and even Eiserman and Helenius. They all bring a different elements to the table.

Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad