2024 Draft Thread

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I LOVE Beaudoin, reminds me alot of ROR at the same age actually. I wouldn't bet against that kid developing into a top 6 guy with the way he works. That said, I hope Luchanko falls to our pick, I watched him a ton this year and for my money he was an even better 17 year old than Poitras at the same age.
I coach with Cole Beaudoin's dad. Our younger kids play on the same team. Cole would be a great fit for the Leafs. People talk about his skating because he is a big guy so the strides don't look as smooth as a shorter guy but seeing him play live numerous times he gets around the ice better than most people.

He is a 200-foot player in the mold of Patrice Bergeron more of a shooter than a playmaker but can play PP and PK.

He could be the long-term answer as the #2. He's already got an NHL physique fittest guy in the draft.

horner

May 22, 2007
I coach with Cole Beaudoin's dad. Our younger kids play on the same team. Cole would be a great fit for the Leafs. People talk about his skating because he is a big guy so the strides don't look as smooth as a shorter guy but seeing him play live numerous times he gets around the ice better than most people.

He is a 200-foot player in the mold of Patrice Bergeron more of a shooter than a playmaker but can play PP and PK.

He could be the long-term answer as the #2. He's already got an NHL physique fittest guy in the draft.
What position does he get drafted mid 2nd rd

Reactions: fahad203

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This kid probably goes early to mid 2nd round...

""

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Canada flag
Cole Beaudoin​

What position does he get drafted mid 2nd rd
Ranked #33 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #31 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #30 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #54 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #45 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #32 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #56 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #44 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #45 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #36 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #25 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #36 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #52 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #45 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #43 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #37 by SMAHT SCOUTING

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I get you want to take BPA but at a certain point, we need a high end, cheap, controlled dman to come in and make a difference. We already have a wave of F coming up the ranks, Dmen?? Not so much
We're also missing centres. I would beopen to a power forward at the wing position any time, though. Should always havethose in the system

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
This kid probably goes early to mid 2nd round...

""

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Canada flag
Cole Beaudoin​

Ranked #33 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #31 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #30 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #54 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #45 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #32 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #56 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #44 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #45 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #36 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #25 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #36 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #52 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #45 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #43 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #37 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Surin is fav of mine for this draft. Honestly, if they take him @ 23 I'd be fine with it.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
First time I've seen Beaudouin to any significant degree and man is he impressive. He's not a great skater but he looks just really strong on his skates. Not sure if it's because he's just stronger than everyone else out there, but his ability to go wide and then make the inside move on defensemen is pretty impressive. Not quite sure who he reminds me of. I envisioned Boone Jenner based on the scouting reports, but after actually seeing him he's quite different.

Reactions: aingefan

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
If we do end up going with Beaudoin, we are going to have a very different look in the next couple years with all of him, Knies, Greb and Minten being big boys.

Reactions: horner

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Stian Solberg starting to get some fanfare finally.

Big, strong d-man playing big minutes for Norway at the World Championships. Played against Canada and didn’t look out of place, got a goal.

Can really retrieve pucks, transition it forward. Plays a mean physical game. Has good size.

Where's he projected to go? It's tough right now with having so little draft capital, maybe some guys get liquidated.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Where's he projected to go? It's tough right now with having so little draft capital, maybe some guys get liquidated.
We have plenty of draft capital. We don't have a 2nd, but we have multiple other picks in rounds after that. Two in some rounds

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
He’s kinda all over the place. For instance, the Athletic had him at 15 but most mocks roughly gave him around 25-40 probably. Definitely a big riser, though.

horner

May 22, 2007

Big, strong d-man playing big minutes for Norway at the World Championships. Played against Canada and didn’t look out of place, got a goal.

Can really retrieve pucks, transition it forward. Plays a mean physical game. Has good size.

There is so many good dman in this draft need a mid 2nd rd pk
Trade back to get a late first and grab Beaudoin and a dman
Our come out this draft with
Emery
Solberg or skahan

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
We don't have a 2nd or a 3rd

We have a 4th and piles of 5ths but not having that 2nd and 3rd hurt when you look at the guys who are projected in that range
Exactly. No team is trading you a 2nd rounder for a bunch of 4th and 5th round picks. Let's be serious here.

Reactions: Kiwi

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Another guy worth considering at our pick. A big, good-skating, two-way center, who leans more shooter than playmaker.

Quite a few interesting centres and defensemen ranked from our pick through the second round:

Hage
Boisvert
Luchanko
Beaudoin
Miettinen
Pettersson
Eriksson
Zether

Elick
Emery
Brunicke
Roberts
Hutson
Mews
Badinka
Pulkkinen
Kiverharju
Sahlin-Wallenius
Kleber
Skahan

I would consider moving Liljegren for either a first or two seconds. Given our depth of left wingers I would also consider moving Robertson for futures but they would have to be quite good because he'll for sure put up numbers if he gets actual PP time on another team.

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

1000007679.jpg

Gotta love how on the first rush of the clip the entire opposing team is just like:

th

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Larcos_Unal

horner

May 22, 2007

We have a 4th and piles of 5ths but not having that 2nd and 3rd hurt when you look at the guys who are projected in that range
Lots of big dman that can skate

View attachment 872756

View attachment 872757

Gotta love how on the first rush of the clip the entire opposing team is just like:

th
Our 23rd pk is Solberg I like
Now we need a 2nd rd pick

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Another guy worth considering at our pick. A big, good-skating, two-way center, who leans more shooter than playmaker.

Quite a few interesting centres and defensemen ranked from our pick through the second round:

Hage
Boisvert
Luchanko
Beaudoin
Miettinen
Pettersson
Eriksson
Zether

Elick
Emery
Brunicke
Roberts
Hutson
Mews
Badinka
Pulkkinen
Kiverharju
Sahlin-Wallenius
Kleber
Skahan

I would consider moving Liljegren for either a first or two seconds. Given our depth of left wingers I would also consider moving Robertson for futures but they would have to be quite good because he'll for sure put up numbers if he gets actual PP time on another team.

Unfortunately the most you're going to get for Lilligren is probably one 2nd round pick, but I think I would make that trade.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

Hage
Boisvert
Luchanko
Beaudoin
Miettinen
Pettersson
Eriksson
Zether

Elick
Emery
Brunicke
Roberts
Hutson
Mews
Badinka
Pulkkinen
Kiverharju
Sahlin-Wallenius
Kleber
Skahan

Marner/ rielly get us the pics we need I wouldn't trade lily he's cost controlled and he just need to put size on taking a second round Pic for him is stupid

Reactions: supermann_98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad