Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Edmonton cannot let Draisaitl walk for nothing, I think they either move him this off season (assuming they lose this round) or they give him big money to resign.
If he becomes available that’s the guy you move heaven and earth to acquire

Reactions: bbfan419

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If he becomes available that’s the guy you move heaven and earth to acquire

My hesitation with making a splash for a franchise player like Drai is the cost vs how much longer can we realistically see him putting up 100 point seasons? He'll be 29 next season and then it's the 30+ years, which seems to be a roll of the dice in how a player performs. Some fall off a cliff, some remain productive.

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
My hesitation with making a splash for a franchise player like Drai is the cost vs how much longer can we realistically see him putting up 100 point seasons? He'll be 29 next season and then it's the 30+ years, which seems to be a roll of the dice in how a player performs. Some fall off a cliff, some remain productive.
A player like Drai should be elite through most of if not all of an 8 year extension. I'm not as confident about a player like Lindholm, who's a similar age but no where near the player.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
You're going to be overruled by who, Neely? Jacobs?
Eventually you can only keep the water out so much. Wouldntvsurprise Chicago being better than them in not the to distant future. The core isn’t easily swapped for more aggressive side. It’s a rinse and repeat thing. They are hoingbto be making circles soon. All those picks will catch upswing them.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
How is Ullmark not a very good goalie ? He's 88-26-10 with a 924 save percentage, and 2.32 GAA over the last years , plus a Vezina. Even in his years languishing with last place Sabres, he put up a solid 912 save percentage, and that was with no talent at all around him

So at 5.75 it's ok, but 6.25 is a disaster?
No but you have to ballpark the value that makes sense to you or whether or not you “like” a player has very little meaning.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
You have to give raises to Sway and Debrusk, and probably Heinen (at least a non-zero chance he stays). Maybe Boqvist too. So you don't have 25M.
'
Then you have raises one more year away for Lohrei, Freddy, Brazeau, maybe Geekie.

It's not as much money as you think. I recognize that if they spend the money up front, it's doubtful they keep both Heinen and Boqvist.
I wonder if the Boquist miscommunication ended his future here.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I like this but can Danault play center, he has been more successful on the wing. Would try to add Dakota Joshua or Brendan Duhaime, not sold on Brazeau yet. I still would try to upgrade DeBrusk but overall I think this line up is a contender
While I agree about all of the above, IMO Brazeau is the real deal... Helluva find!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I keep some cash on the side and go with Poitras/Lysell as a 2rw (other sent down) and Merk as a 3c. Spend some money on a top 6 center and maybe PP QB #1 LD (guessing none avail, don't grow on trees)

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why do people always go “oh you’ll pay him $5mil but not $5.5? Makes no sense.”

Yea it does, at some point you draw a line in the sand where you feel the players maximum worth is to your team and you don’t go beyond it.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Every GM*

Not any of the ones who blow their budget every year in FA frenzy, where prices for very mediocre talent often blow up out of control, and mind boggling deals are frequently signed.

Yes you are correct to say every GM likely has a starting offer, and a place they are prepared to go in their plan. And then in the fog of war when their plan A and B start to fall away, panic often sets in and they go beyond their plan.

Unless of course you are deeply cap constrained like Sweeney was last year, where he probably went to FA with say 4 million available and said. I need a D-man for 1 mil, a C for 750K, a wind for 1 mil. He had zero flexibility and had to find people willing to take that money and move on to the next person if he couldn't. Like if JVR or Shatty wanted 1.25 million instead of 1, they probably would have had to move on (although Shatty managed to get an extra 50k)

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I like Marchessault, I’m not super confident with Brazeau, I’d rather he stay in the fourth line role next year and slot up if he’s killing it

I honestly still like Bertuzzi, for better or worse. He adds sandpaper to the top of the lineup that just isn’t there otherwise. I’m not sure if Stephenson plays that way or not, someone that watches more hockey than me could weight in, but the limited exposure I’ve had to him, and his stats tell me he’s the best guy in free agency for us.

I’d like those two, Debrusk, Swayman, and Maroon back, not necessarily in that order. 😂.
Same here. I would welcome him back.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Edmonton cannot let Draisaitl walk for nothing, I think they either move him this off season (assuming they lose this round) or they give him big money to resign.
He was pissed last night going towards dressing room.Cameras caught him talking to himself saying some curse words. If Oilers get eliminated again early vs Vancouver no less you just never know if he will want to stay there longterm anymore.He knows he gets paid wherever he lands. Love to get him can't lie.,he is a horse and would be top line centre here yrs .Out of McDavids shadow too :D

Reactions: Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He was pissed last night going towards dressing room.Cameras caught him talking to himself saying some curse words. If Oilers get eliminated again early vs Vancouver no less you just never know if he will want to stay there longterm anymore.He knows he gets paid wherever he lands. Love to get him can't lie.,he is a horse and would be top line centre here yrs .Out of McDavids shadow too :D

Welcome to Boston, Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad