Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Sweeney rode Krejci and Bergy into the ground instead of getting a top six center. I will wait another year or two for a chance to get a superstar instead of wasting cap space on Lindholm or Hertl
You really think Conor McDavid is going to become a free agent? Peter Pocklington doesn't own the oilers anymore.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would wait one season was me just to see if Edm can lock up Draisaitl .I do not want to be locking up anymore Zachas .3 more years of him.

Even with Zacha's disappointing postseason, he is still being paid less than market value. He is not a problem, and if they decided to move him they'd be able to get value in return

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I would wait one season was me just to see if Edm can lock up Draisaitl .I do not want to be locking up anymore Zachas .3 more years of him.

And what do you do if they do? Where do you pivot for the center position? How often does a talent like Leon hit the FA market?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
And what do you do if they do? Where do you pivot for the center position? How often does a talent like Leon hit the FA market?
Not often but that chance is there ..Edm is not exactly Disney land so never know Be kick in nads he did and no cash.Maybe trade if they can't reach common ground who knows

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not often but that chance is there ..Edm is not exactly Disney land so never know Be kick in nads he did and no cash.Maybe trade if they can't reach common ground who knows

Trade with what assets? What pieces do we have that are going to acquire a legit Top 6 center? What Top 6 center is even going to be available via trade. You can't just hope and pray that maybe next year we can find something.

Reactions: Fenian24

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Just my thoughts.

Ullmark & Poitras for Danault & Englund
Sign Chandler Stephenson
Re-Sign our guys
My numbers are probably off

IMG_3994.jpeg

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Just my thoughts.

Ullmark & Poitras for Danault & Englund
Sign Chandler Stephenson
Re-Sign our guys
My numbers are probably off

View attachment 870979
I like this but can Danault play center, he has been more successful on the wing. Would try to add Dakota Joshua or Brendan Duhaime, not sold on Brazeau yet. I still would try to upgrade DeBrusk but overall I think this line up is a contender

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
First and foremost, Necas really isn't a center. He barely took 100 face-offs this year and has one season with a decent amount of draws.....where he was 45.1% in the dot. Carolina has $27 million in cap space this off-season. Looking over their pending UFA/RFA's, I'd imagine that Necas is #2 priority, if not #1 priority.
I’m sure he is priority 1

I’m trying to find a 1 center - work with me here :)

Reactions: SPV

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like this but can Danault play center, he has been more successful on the wing. Would try to add Dakota Joshua or Brendan Duhaime, not sold on Brazeau yet. I still would try to upgrade DeBrusk but overall I think this line up is a contender
I like Dakota Joshua a lot

I’m still keeping DeBrusk - he’s 200 foot game is very good but he should be putting up Michael Ryder type goal seasons

Wotherspoon has really grown on me

Face washing Verhague and slashing Lundell in the calf as he skated by during a stoppage for no other reason then F U, he went up big time in my book

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Watching this series, aside from the obvious hole down the middle, I think they lack some foot speed in their forwards, one if the things I'd look to improve as well as sprinkling some size into the top 6 somehow...

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I won’t act like I watch a lot of other games, but I think Danault is pretty exclusively a center based off the highlights I’ve seen and his stats, tons of faceoffs, and a good win percentage too. Stephenson is another guys that wins a good amount of faceoffs too. Both guys aren’t heavy, but can play physical and fight if needed, Danault has a decent hockey fights history and looks like he’s a guy that will come to the defense of his teammates.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’m sure he is priority 1

I’m trying to find a 1 center - work with me here :)

We all are, but Necas isn't even a center. I think the other problem is what is classified as a 1C by everyone. For example, I see as a true 1C as someone who at minimum is top 15 is production over the last 3 years. They at worst need to be average at the dot, but I'd prefer someone whose strong in the dot and has a two way game. It doesn't need to Bergeron level two-way game, but they can't be a liability out there.

Right now the only guy that meets what I classify as a 1C (and is likely to be available) would be Stamkos. Elias Lindholm I'm still all for. I think he can play in that 1C role, but on a legit cup contender he'd be a 2C. He's 37th in points over the last 3 years, has a very good two-way game and is top 20 among active centers in FO% over the last 3 years.

Reactions: DKH and CellyHard

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I looked at the NHL Edge stats last night. If they are looking to add speed and grit Duhaime and Kiefer Sherwood are two of the fastest skaters in the game and both play physical, tough hockey. Put them with Beecher and let them cause havoc.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I think the value Don can get from an older skilled 1C in the short term is probably where it's at. Don't screw your cap, play chess not checkers.

Nobody is trading us their 1C, so forget that. This has to be positioning for a year where a 1C wants to leave a bad city.

False Start

May 8, 2018
We all are, but Necas isn't even a center. I think the other problem is what is classified as a 1C by everyone. For example, I see as a true 1C as someone who at minimum is top 15 is production over the last 3 years. They at worst need to be average at the dot, but I'd prefer someone whose strong in the dot and has a two way game. It doesn't need to Bergeron level two-way game, but they can't be a liability out there.

Right now the only guy that meets what I classify as a 1C (and is likely to be available) would be Stamkos. Elias Lindholm I'm still all for. I think he can play in that 1C role, but on a legit cup contender he'd be a 2C. He's 37th in points over the last 3 years, has a very good two-way game and is top 20 among active centers in FO% over the last 3 years.

Since we won't likely pull an Eichel trade or even sign Stamkos, I think the alternative is to get another impact winger.

An impact winger can still make space for the rest of the forwards on the ice and help the powerplay in the playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Good stuff

I have been big EL guy but what are you paying

To sign him you probably go

Lindholm
Coyle
Freddie or Geekie or Poitras

Zacha to LW

DeBrusk?

so many questions

They got a cute team and are close but not elite

What they need is Marchand to be 29-30

Going to be an interesting off season

Reactions: Cam14b and SPV

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
What is fair value for Ullmark?

He wont get you an upgrade at forward, maybe gets you a decent enough 2nd or 3rd pair dman? Id prefer to max the return on picks and young players.

Gotta sign the best center available, no more messing around and waiting for another to magically become a FA. hasn't happened yet. either move Zacha to wing or trade him, get another player who can be LW or let someone from Prov take the role. Resign Heinen and DeBrusk, as frustrating as he is, he will cost less for similar production for a FA but they wont match his 200ft game. This lineup allows you to sign Lindholm for between 7-8 Million, Swayman for the rumored 7x8 and DeBrusk to a 5-5.5 million deal. Id try and keep Boqvist and Heinen though they will both cost more than their 775k this year. Do you find room for Merk/Poitras? Where does Geekie go? The roster below probably has room to even add another FA winger (I have it around 80/81million). Would love to add a vet like Stamkos who has won and has that leadership to add to the group but how do you afford that. maybe offload zacha and you can add him or guentzel as a huge upgrade.

DeBrusk - Lindholm - Pastrnak
Zacha - Coyle - Frederic
Marchand - Geekie - Heinen
Boqvist - Beecher - Brazeau

Lohrei - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Wotherspoon - Peeke

Swayman
Bussi or FA

Going to be a fun summer

Last edited:

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
In draft picks Linus would maybe get you one of the very last picks in the 1st. That's the very high end imho.

If you want more, you have to weaponize our upcoming cap space for a year. Send someone Linus, and take back a short bad contract. Then you have a chance at a real asset tacked on. My take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad