Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
“if your father can’t pay your rent ask joe demagio for help, and see what he says. nobody cares. “
You do you. I don’t want them as coaches, but feel no need to be vindictive about people losing their livelihoods or suffering any other misfortune when they’ve done me no personal harm. As I said, literally costs me nothing to be nice to someone in need. Or, at a minimum, not be a jerk to them.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
You do you. I don’t want them as coaches, but feel no need to be vindictive about people losing their livelihoods or suffering any other misfortune when they’ve done me no personal harm. As I said, literally costs me nothing to be nice to someone in need. Or, at a minimum, not be a jerk to them.
Dude I’m trolling man! Jesus. I agree with you.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Reactions: Ducks DVM
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Ummm... I followed the link and there's nothing in the article about Stothers. There is an article on the left side bar about both Sudsie and Stothers winning grants to give to their respective charities.

I think the tweeter there was reacting to questions from people who read the article and wondered about Stothers, since he's not mentioned in the press release.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think the tweeter there was reacting to questions from people who read the article and wondered about Stothers, since he's not mentioned in the press release.

I don't have social media, so thanks for the heads up.

If Stothers were not to return, then he would have been listed. He isn't an on-ice coach anymore, but promoted to an advisory role to coaches due to his cancer situation not permitting him to be a full-time, on-ice coach. That was why we hired Thompson to take over the PK unit. I like Stothers a lot, but I don't understand why all the commotion since he's not directly involved with on-ice stuff anymore.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

If Stothers were not to return, then he would have been listed. He isn't an on-ice coach anymore, but promoted to an advisory role to coaches due to his cancer situation not permitting him to be a full-time, on-ice coach. That was why we hired Thompson to take over the PK unit. I like Stothers a lot, but I don't understand why all the commotion since he's not directly involved with on-ice stuff anymore.
I think people just care about him and wanted to make sure he still had a job. That was my only thought.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

If I had to guess, I'd say the commotion is due to people wondering how Stothers' situation had been handled, given his illness. As in, the commotion is emotional rather than practical, so it doesn't matter that he's not involved with on-ice stuff anymore (assuming that's true). Surely you can understand that.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If I had to guess, I'd say the commotion is due to people wondering how Stothers' situation had been handled, given his illness. As in, the commotion is emotional rather than practical, so it doesn't matter that he's not involved with on-ice stuff anymore (assuming that's true). Surely you can understand that.

He's not directly involved, but involved in an advisory role. Again, I love Stothers (my charts really love Stothers), but his main battle is with cancer. And Verbeek has taken care of Stothers by promoting him to a special advisory role to lessen the workload and stress. I figure his contract term was similar to Newell Brown. Brown was not renewed and no news about Stothers. I just assumed Stothers remained with the org since no news is good news.

If MM is tweeting about it, then there should be some substance other than "take my word for it." According to the article I shared above, Stothers is a cancer survivor. Both he and Suds. So it isn't like I don't care b/c that article is on the internet for all to see. I thought MM was sharing that Stothers would become an assistant coach to Thompson or something more than the advisory role.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He's not directly involved, but involved in an advisory role. Again, I love Stothers (my charts really love Stothers), but his main battle is with cancer. And Verbeek has taken care of Stothers by promoting him to a special advisory role to lessen the workload and stress. I figure his contract term was similar to Newell Brown. Brown was not renewed and no news about Stothers. I just assumed Stothers remained with the org since no news is good news.

If MM is tweeting about it, then there should be some substance other than "take my word for it." According to the article I shared above, Stothers is a cancer survivor. Both he and Suds. So it isn't like I don't care b/c that article is on the internet for all to see. I thought MM was sharing that Stothers would become an assistant coach to Thompson or something more than the advisory role.
Hoven is definitely in the know when it comes to the SoCal teams. Him saying "take my word for it" is good enough for me.

Reactions: Zegras11

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

Well the Gulls have been garbage since he joined in 2022, yet he still wanted a promotion before showing any results... And Ottawa wanted him... not a top organization... so maybe we should thank them..... now we can change things up down there... Verbeek probably didn't want the 'culture' change to be such a big loser like the Duck club has been...

Reactions: robbieboy3686

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Maybe he had family or other reasons for wanting to be on the other side of the continent? Wouldn't be the first time.
I'm pretty sure he didn't even spend much time here. He did the job mostly from back home on the east coast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad