Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - 5th Round - 151st Overall - Thomas Milic G

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ranked #173 by FCHOCKEY

Ranked #131 by DAILY FACEOFF

Ranked #153 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY

Ranked #28 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Goalies)

Ranked #142 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

1688066203043.png

20 year old played for Seattle Thunderbirds and Team Canada in the U-20

He doesn’t come out to aggressively challenge in order to take away space, but rather uses his speed and impressive footwork control to constantly keep up with where the play seems to be headed; he doesn’t necessarily make the flashiest saves, but he also prevents himself from needing to recover by staying on the more conservative side with his depth overall. -EliteProspects 2022 NHL Draft Guide

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No absolutely not. They'll give him a fair shake to make the Moose and if not he leads the ECHL team before coming up. Kid is a gamer though, I think he'll take the Moose job.

Are Holm and that other guy still under contract for next year? Can't see either making the Jets as a backup anytime soon.

But you are right the kid just gets it done so i wouldn't bet against him.

• Haha
Reactions: hockeyarena

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The organization will make sure that DiV and Milic play the most hockey they can. Being a backup and seeing 10-20 games on the Moose does them no good. I really like this pick, we were looking really rough on goalie prospects before DiV emerged, now it’s under control.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Overaged, undersized goalie who performed very well in the WJC and for Seattle in the W, both regular and post-season.

With a late pick, I like this one. Worth a shot.

With Hellebuyck's pending exit the Jets need to expedite the replacement. I know Milic isn't starting next year, however, Salminen and Holm may end up replaced next year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Are Holm and that other guy still under contract for next year? Can't see either making the Jets as a backup anytime soon.

But you are right the kid just gets it done so i wouldn't bet against him.

Thing are really up in the air right now, especially if we move Helle.

We have Holm, Salminen and now Milic who are pro. DiVincentiis will play one more year in OHL before turning pro.

I can see us trying to get another body back in the Helle trade.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad