2023-24 Sharks schedule

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Haha yeah, cable or satellite only, so limited. But I'm still with Spectrum, which means I now have lost ESPN for the time being, which won't be ideal a month or so from now!

Of course, if I want to switch to a fully streaming service, the two options for me with RSNs (regional sports networks) are FuboTV and DirecTV Stream. Fubo hasn't had the Turner networks for three years now, which is crazy and frustrating, and DirecTV Stream currently is in a dispute with Nexstar and therefore not offering my local Fox, ABC, and CW networks--also not ideal, but a month from now might be my best option as long as my wife is fine with watching The Golden Bachelor a day late on Hulu this fall.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Haha yeah, cable or satellite only, so limited. But I'm still with Spectrum, which means I now have lost ESPN for the time being, which won't be ideal a month or so from now!

Of course, if I want to switch to a fully streaming service, the two options for me with RSNs (regional sports networks) are FuboTV and DirecTV Stream. Fubo hasn't had the Turner networks for three years now, which is crazy and frustrating, and DirecTV Stream currently is in a dispute with Nexstar and therefore not offering my local Fox, ABC, and CW networks--also not ideal, but a month from now might be my best option as long as my wife is fine with watching The Golden Bachelor a day late on Hulu this fall.
Just waiting for everyone to have their own content on their own channel/steaming service so I can just pay for what I want and to hell with the rest of it. I only have cable to watch the Sharks and Giants on a DVR so I don't have to sit through commercials. Advertising is gonna run our entertainment right into the ground. Hope that bubble bursts soon.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
@timorous me have you checked out YouTubeTV? They have ESPN and TNT. (And local channels)
The only issue there is that they don't have the RSNs and living where I do in upstate NY, that would mean no Rangers (I guess sort of my second team), Sabres, Devils, or Islanders games, and no Mets games to watch in the summer. I think MSG is now offering a stand-alone service but that's $30 a month.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The only issue there is that they don't have the RSNs and living where I do in upstate NY, that would mean no Rangers (I guess sort of my second team), Sabres, Devils, or Islanders games, and no Mets games to watch in the summer. I think MSG is now offering a stand-alone service but that's $30 a month.
Sounds like you are in for some sailing

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Sounds like you are in for some sailing
Ha, yes, I've done some of that, but these days I feel like I'm old enough and dammit I've worked hard enough for long enough that I should be able to just watch shit on my very nice TV without hassles and all that.

I'm like, I WILL PAY YOU PEOPLE* MONEY, JUST LET ME WATCH!!!

*Corporations are people, too, or so I've been told.

Reactions: landshark

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Ha, yes, I've done some of that, but these days I feel like I'm old enough and dammit I've worked hard enough for long enough that I should be able to just watch shit on my very nice TV without hassles and all that.

I'm like, I WILL PAY YOU PEOPLE* MONEY, JUST LET ME WATCH!!!

*Corporations are people, too, or so I've been told.
As Gabe Newell once said, piracy is a service issue

Make things easy to access with little hassle and people will gladly give you their hard-earned money

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
The whole thing is broken like the guy from Spectrum said. Disney is weaponizing their ownership against these service companies. Consumers pay the hard price in the end. why not just broadcast more games on NHL network and exclusively show games on NBC California for local games like it was back in the day? Maybe I’m missing something. It’s very frustrating when I go to watch a game and it’s exclusively on frickin TSN PLUS or whatever bs they come up with next.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
As Gabe Newell once said, piracy is a service issue

Make things easy to access with little hassle and people will gladly give you their hard-earned money
Super nice guy too. I met him when some buddies of mine went to work for Valve. But yeah, Steam was pretty much the incarnation of that quote.

The whole thing is broken like the guy from Spectrum said. Disney is weaponizing their ownership against these service companies. Consumers pay the hard price in the end. why not just broadcast more games on NHL network and exclusively show games on NBC California for local games like it was back in the day? Maybe I’m missing something. It’s very frustrating when I go to watch a game and it’s exclusively on frickin TSN PLUS or whatever bs they come up with next.
Trickle up economy, they can make more money by being dicks about it.

Disney (and every other service provider) gives zero shits about their subscribers until they try to leave for some other service.

Sharks/ NHL should have their own service and f*** a bunch of selling the rights to other providers. Make it like AHLtv FFS. I guess the RSN's that actually put the production in place would have the rights along with the NHL and the indivdiual clubs. Feels like they could get together and profit share on an AHLtv style interface where fans can watch games they pay for individually or a team or league package. Just remove their content from third party providers and everyone wins, except Disney/Youtube/Fubo/etc.

Last edited:

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
True. But I'd love it if the old NHL.tv setup came back. It may have cost more but in my mind the product was much better (fewer hassles and such). No use complaining now, though, as we're stuck with this setup for some time yet.

I liked before espn+ came around that nhltv allowed me to view games televised with mike emrick announcing from new zealand :naughty: those games meant i could watch the Canadian feed (all star game, playoffs, finals)

Ram The Slot

Oct 12, 2013
Lake Taco
It looks like tomorrows preseason game is on NHLN but I don't see TV info for the rest. Do y'all know if any more will be televised? Or if they'll all be on the radio?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad