GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Boeser is such a damn good player. I hope Eklund turns out to become someone similar.
Boeser is a good player, but while I'll give him credit on the last goal, the first two goals were just tap-ins based off of great plays from other players (Millerx2 and Lindholm).

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Finding ways to win when nothing is going your way, there is major adversity, and you can't get your engine going...very impressive.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Collapse complete, Nashville isn't coming back from that.

time for what will likely be Ovechkin's final playoff game of his career.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Collapse complete, Nashville isn't coming back from that.

time for what will likely be Ovechkin's final playoff game of his career.
Ovechkin will likely break Gretzky's goal-scoring record, but one can't help but think that with the mindset of a Crosby or a Mackinnon, he'd be a top-10 player all time.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I am a little disappointed in the Capitals organization. The fact that they're playing Ovechkin so little means they know the problem... I suspect that having Ovechkin break the record in a Capital's sweater is more important than winning more championships.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think Backstrom stepping away earlier this season really did a number on Ovechkin's mentality. His best friend's career over. Kuznetsov being a junkie. Orlov is on the rival Hurricanes. But Backstrom gone is the big one. There's only so much energy you can get from the rookies as an older guy. The old guys just have to have their buddies. Jumbo just had to have Pavs and Patty or else it's not the same. Man, this post makes me a little sad.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think Backstrom stepping away earlier this season really did a number on Ovechkin's mentality. His best friend's career over. Kuznetsov being a junkie. Orlov is on the rival Hurricanes. But Backstrom gone is the big one. There's only so much energy you can get from the rookies as an older guy. The old guys just have to have their buddies. Jumbo just had to have Pavs and Patty or else it's not the same. Man, this post makes me a little sad.
He's had this listlessness in his game since 2018.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Aside from their recent failed acquisition of Ryan Johansen? That's why they needed to go get Middelstadt.

Before Kadri they also had a lot of misses. A strong 2C is definitely what that team needs... And goalie. Their weakest points. When they address them, they're true contenders like this year. But Georgiev may still be too weak to go all the way. We'll see.
They've been really good at IDing players on/with bad teams/coaches/systems whose value has depreciate and then pouncing. Guys Toews, Middlestat, Lekhonen. Even Nichushkin was a bought-out player.

It helps when you can surround them with guys like MacK, Rantanen, Makar, etc, but still the pro scouting is impressive

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
spott.PNG

He's gotta be an impersonator

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
I think TML might be benefiting from not having Matthews. They're not standing around waiting for him to do something.
Which is funny because Matthews isn’t a McDavid or MacKinnon that can create something on his own.

Leafs fans have all their excuses now with him out and Nylander missing the first three games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad