B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Great to see them lose though.

Dear Best in Class,
David Boyd > John Gruden
I'd actually rank them: David Bell > John Gruden > David Boyd ;)

I like Gruden but am hoping that he will just be a name that they present to the eventual coach to consider for his staff. And that's it. If the coach chooses to hire him, great. If not, also great.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd actually rank them: David Bell > John Gruden > David Boyd ;)

I like Gruden but am hoping that he will just be a name that they present to the eventual coach to consider for his staff. And that's it. If the coach chooses to hire him, great. If not, also great.
Would definitely be better if I had the name right; Will correct lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You may well be right, but I honestly hope neither are even in the running. We need an experienced NHL head coach.
I agree. I think its good to have many qualified coaches on a list, I am just trying to make a point that Gruden should not be on the list. He would not be on my list. I would put the shorter shelf life experienced coaches lower on the list as well.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
The fact that a 3 game series was enough time to elicit a response like that from the Marlies bodes well for the rest of our playoff run.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Was hoping this next round had an afternoon weekend game in Belleville so I could attend... maybe next round :laugh:

Would be amazing if they were able to play some playoff games at the CTC, but I suppose that's unfair for Belleville

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Was hoping this next round had an afternoon weekend game in Belleville so I could attend... maybe next round :laugh:

Would be amazing if they were able to play some playoff games at the CTC, but I suppose that's unfair for Belleville
No this is Belleville's team IMO. Like us poor sap Sens fans, they deserve a little love over there. Playoffs are a rarity in this organization lol

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
K sorry if it's been asked before but where could someone watch the B Sens on TV? Do I need to buy the AHL pass online? I live in a Bell area (no Rogers)

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Belleville Sens Game Day Build-Up
May.1/24 vs Cleveland Monsters (AHL Affiliate: Columbus Blue Jackets)
2024 Calder Cup Playoffs North Division Semi-Finals – Game 1 of 5 (Series Tied 0-0)

The Set-Up:

Having dipped their toes into the choppy waters that are the Calder Cup Playoffs and survived their first test, the Belleville Senators are preparing to dive deeper, as they enter the North Division Semi-Finals to try and slay the Cleveland Monsters. The Senators are coming off a thrilling three-game Battle of Ontario victory over the Toronto Marlies and looking to carry on that momentum against the regular season’s division winners from Ohio. The Monsters earned themselves more than a week off for finishing atop the division and are loaded up with reinforcements from the parent club in Columbus as they try to take the first steps towards for the franchise’s second Calder Cup and first since 2015-16.

Previous History:

Cleveland was one of Belleville’s tougher challenges in the North Division this season, with the Senators skating to a record of 1-3-0-0. Despite picking up just two of eight possible points in the regular series, the B-Sens finished just six points back of the Monsters in the North standings and have been on a steady run upwards since the club’s last met in mid-December 2023. Lifetime against the Monsters, Belleville is 12-14-0-2, with a record of 7-5-0-2 at CAA Arena.

Roster Notes:

There have been no roster changes or injuries announced by the club since last Sunday’s game three win. Full roster details were not yet available this morning. Full lineup details, including this afternoon’s alignment, will be available before puck drop via the B-Sens social media channels (@BellevilleSens).

Who to Watch:

Garrett Pilon has been one of the hottest scorers in the 2024 Calder Cup Playoffs through the opening round. The first year Senator, and defending Calder Cup Champion from his time with the Hershey Bears, scored two big goals in game two to tie the game and then potted the series-winner in game three last weekend. Pilon enters the week tied for the AHL lead in playoff goals (three) and points (four) and will look to keep up that pace in the North Division Semi-Finals. Rookie forward Stephen Halliday picked up a pair of assists last Sunday, including on the game-winner.

Cleveland has a bevy of top prospects who were returned from NHL Columbus ahead of the playoffs, but it’s a veteran who tends to be the most dangerous threat, especially against Belleville. Trey Fix-Wolansky put up 60 (26 goals, 34 assists) points in 58 games in his fifth season with Cleveland. The 24-year-old from Edmonton has picked up 13 points (four goals and nine assists) in 14 career games against the Senators.

At the rink:

CAA Arena gates will open at 5:30 p.m. for the duration of the B-Sens Calder Cup Playoff run and the first 3,000 fans in tonight will receive a free Calder Cup Playoffs second-round rally towel! Fans will also be able to get geared up for the playoffs with deals and discounts at The Locker Room Store including 25% off jerseys and customizations, long and short sleeve tees, hoodies, and team gear. Plus, every fan who makes a purchase either in-store or online, will receive a free Belleville Sens flag.

K sorry if it's been asked before but where could someone watch the B Sens on TV? Do I need to buy the AHL pass online? I live in a Bell area (no Rogers)

Most of the games have been shown on Onhockey, sometimes a direct link and lately to a website that is showing the game. It's free

Reactions: DrEasy

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
When you get the recommendation, ideally you'll want to use a computer browser that has adblock plus as a plugin. The quality is horrendous lately though, $40 for the playoff pass isn't too bad if they end up going far. The quality is decent on AHLtv

Reactions: Race Dawg

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

Most of the games have been shown on Onhockey, sometimes a direct link and lately to a website that is showing the game. It's free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad