Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Georgiev is not Russian

He's played for Russia internationally. Someone's gotta update the wiki than

1231231231231.jpg

Reactions: MarkT and katfude

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
Call me an optimist, but I feel like for the first time there is a measurable chance that Gabe plays next game. Very unlikely, but it is finally a possibility.

You know he's got some Forsberg in him, and there's no way you'd hold out Peter in a big game if he could play. To his own detriment, in fact. But he'd demand to be on the ice.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Call me an optimist, but I feel like for the first time there is a measurable chance that Gabe plays next game. Very unlikely, but it is finally a possibility.

You know he's got some Forsberg in him, and there's no way you'd hold out Peter in a big game if he could play. To his own detriment, in fact. But he'd demand to be on the ice.
I don't know how much of it is truth vs legend but I remember hearing all about Foppa begging to play in the SCFs in '01.

As for Yakov, I'm hoping he's good to go. I'm not thrilled with Wagner coming in. If Cogs wasn't struggling so much I'd almost move him to 4C and bring in Kovalenko at wing, although I know that will be controversial. He wasn't good in his few games so far. But I believe there is more locked away inside of him than there is in someone like Tufte, Wagner. I'd prefer Foudy to Wagner, but there is zero chance Bednar does.

Last edited:

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Duhaime played 6 minutes last night. I don't see why you can't just throw Landeskog out there for 5 minutes and be our emotional cheerleader. Worst thing is that he looks like Peter Forsberg retirement comeback in 2010 where it looked like he had 200lbs of sand attached to his legs.

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Littleton, CO
I don't know how much of it is truth vs legend but I remember hearing all about Foppa begging to play in the SCFs in '01.
He suited up for game 6 and was restrained by team personnel from taking the ice for warmups. Then Pierre Lacroix sat down with him and told him that his life and his health are more important than hockey.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Is there any update on Trenin? I’m guessing no.

Bednar hasn't talked to the trainers yet.

He suited up for game 6 and was restrained by team personnel from taking the ice for warmups. Then Pierre Lacroix sat down with him and told him that his life and his health are more important than hockey.

Imagine having to tell this guy he can't play a critical game. Wouldn't look him in the eyes, your pants might be around your ankles without even realizing it.

1715867845871.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad