Prospect Info: 2023 1st Rd Selection - #28 OA (via BOS, WSH) - C, Easton Cowan [London Knights, OHL; [Height 5.11 -- Weight 185]

horner

May 22, 2007
No it’s just Marner that got softer, Nylander is noticeably stronger and goes to the net more often and Matthews throws hits and gets into some dirty stick work now. I haven’t seen anyone else on the team on the verge of tears multiple times like lil Mitch.

He’s the same height as Nylander and over 20 pounds lighter, in almost a decade since getting drafted he’s put on maybe 10-15 pounds. If he wanted to be scrappy he’d consider hitting the weights here and there.

What changed though?!
They were cuddled the moment they came into the organization , they never became men. The team never came first.
Playing music at practice, can you imagine Berube putting up with that kind of crap.
I don't think
Gretzky
Crosby
Ovechkin
we're treated that way

Reactions: studebaker17

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
They were cuddled the moment they came into the organization , they never became men. The team never came first.
Playing music at practice, can you imagine Berube putting up with that kind of crap.
I don't think
Gretzky
Crosby
Ovechkin
we're treated that way

OH dear Lord, not the music at practice!

Is that seriously what we're blaming now?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I watched marner in junior I thought Doug Gilmour when he matured NOPE
He was tenacious played with Tkachuk.
when they brought in Marleau it all changedvi think.
Marleau and Thornton. I remember an interview with Thornton and his message to the young stars during the playoff run was "just enjoy the moment". I was like wtf, that's it? Go get a cup and if you have to die to do it so be it.

Lou and Dubas couldn't have brought in two worse mentors for our young guys.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Marleau and Thornton. I remember an interview with Thornton and his message to the young stars during the playoff run was "just enjoy the moment". I was like wtf, that's it? Go get a cup and if you have to die to do it so be it.

Lou and Dubas couldn't have brought in two worse mentors for our young guys.
In the Leafs amazon series Keefe is talking about how they need to be scoring more playoff style goals. Thornton says to let up on everyone, theyre in first right now.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This has to be one of the funniest draft picks I can remember.

When he got selected, it was basically universally mocked for being a bigtime reach and his upside said to be 3rd liner type.

Now the kid wins the OHL MVP and playoff MVP and made team Canada.

Still doesn't mean it's a lock that he's a great NHL'er but so far he's made our scouts look like geniuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad