Patriots/NFL 2021 Season Part V :10-7 - PLAYOFFS @ Buffalo 1/15 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If we win tonite it will be due to our defence and running game.

Two things though.....if Josh McDaniels calls a very predictable High School offence, I'll reach into the tv and strangle him.

The other thing....I'm just not sold on Mac Jones (mechanics) The throwing off his back foot has to stop. Move forward out of the pocket and zing it.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
He withdrew from the 2018 Colts job, because he wants the perfect situation. I think the only reason you don't hear his name more often in HC rumors is that you don't interview him unless you know he's interested, and you want to hire him.

TB12 winning the Superbowl last year with McDaniels proved how important his job is.

Reactions: Elvis P

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Bucs lose early in the playoffs, Arians “retires”, McDaniels takes over as HC of the Bucs

Brady wants nothing to do with McDaniels and I doubt Josh wants to have Kyle Trask as his QB of the future. I honestly think that it is going to be Josh who will replace Bill eventually.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Immediately line up 5 wide and let Mac pick the Bills D apart. He’s capable.

Blitz Allen on every down. He’s prone to metal errors under pressure

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Not expecting a win, but hoping they keep it close, are willing to be aggressive on offense, and Mac doesn't shit the bed. This year is all about building momentum for the future, so if they're going to lose tonight, at least take as many positives from it as possible.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Pats need to soften up the Bills D line by playing up the gut in the early goings. That extra .5 sec in the pocket will do wonders for the short play-action game I expect them to play in the latter half of the game. If they let the Bills get early pressure and confidence and don't try to wear them out a bit by the 20 minute mark, the leash on Jones may turn into a noose. I thought that same thing with the PHI SB game and it feels like a similar situation here today.

For the first time in a long time this is a playoff game the Pats aren't "supposed" to win. Everything from here on in is gravy so as long as they play a full 60 hard and make the Bills earn every yard, at least they will have a chance and the respect (I hope) of the fans.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
All I want to see is a calm cool Mac Jones. Even if they lose. If he looks poised in the playoffs its great for the future.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
First post with my new iMac.

I feel that the keys for the Patriots tonight are:
*Keeping the mistakes to a minimum.
*Get the lead and play from ahead.
*Make the critical adjustments for the second half.

I know that these are all glaringly obvious, but this team needs to hit all three of these to have the best shot of winning. There really is little room for error tonight.

All in all, the Patriots are tonight where I hoped they would be next season. A good draft, good free agent signings, and full year for Jones in the current system should bode well for improvement next season. I think tonight will be close if the Patriots play well. This one is tough to call, but the Patriots CAN win this game.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Bengals Raiders game is making me worried about the refs for our game. Who got assigned to Buffalo?

Jerome Boger, thr worst ref in the league, is in Cincy and already gave the Bengals a TD on a blown call. I believe they said John Parry, the second worst ref in the league, is the alternate there, so hopefully we got a decent crew in our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad