Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I am somewhat new to the board. I’ve posted here for about the last year or so. I post on other St. Louis sports sites as brokeu91. Some may remember me from other sites. I was born and raised in South St. Louis City. I moved away for work and now live in Bruins land (Rhode Island). I really hope we beat the Bruins because I really don’t want to have to deal with these fans anymore. Let’s Go Blues!!!!

Last edited:

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Born in STL, still live in the area. Lucky enough to have season tickets and be able to witness some cup finals games live, finally! Old enough to have seen a few games at the old barn before it was destroyed. Been on these boards for a long time but didn’t post too often under my original name (Handz 57).

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I was looking at join dates, reminiscing about when I started here and it’s interesting that we historically had waves of people that joined.

2003 the year before we hit rock bottom
2006-2007 - our #1 overall pick
2011-2012 - our resurgence and after the Schwartz/Tarasenko draft

and so on.

Just thought this was all interesting!

Bluenatic

Fresh start
Aug 13, 2010
STL
Bluenatic here. I've lived in the West STL suburbs my whole life and have been a huge Blues fan since the 90's. I haven't missed a game, except for a wedding, baby shower, graduation party, etc in the last 10 years. I'm still in shock at the current situation and am very proud of this seasons team and am thrilled to be here sharing in the moment with HF Blues

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Kirk. Born and raised in STL (chesterfield). Started following the Blues in the Gretzky season when I was 6. Played Youth and HS hockey there. Haven’t lived in STL since leaving for college, am currently in eastern NY. Joined the forum in 2012 I think. Happy to be on here still.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Kirk. Born and raised in STL (chesterfield). Started following the Blues in the Gretzky season when I was 6. Played Youth and HS hockey there. Haven’t lived in STL since leaving for college, am currently in eastern NY. Joined the forum in 2012 I think. Happy to be on here still.
Also your Avatar is one of the best characters in the Star Trek universe

Lacika

May 25, 2019
Long time reader, first time poster. Even forgot my pervious account.

I’m from Budapest, Hungary, so not your traditional European supporter but we have some pretty diehard Blues fans over there (I know around a dozen who followed the team through the years)

31 yo avid hockey fan with no STL background, my first full Blues season was 05-06 after the lockout, so, yeah… but I’m also fall in love with baseball which kind of compensate it that year, love the Cards also. Especially since my local football team chokes really hard for the past two decade, ’06 and ’11 means a lot. Hoping for ’19 with the Blues as well!

LGB!!!

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Joined HF circa 2008 or 2009 after I moved from STL area (Illinois side) to DC area after graduating college. Fell in love with Blues as early as I can remember; still remember Cujo’s performance in playoffs against Blackhawks. HF kept me connected to STL (outside of family). I worked overseas for USGov in some bad spots (Middle East and South Asia), then later Southern Africa between 2011 and 2014, and would always be on HF when I could get internet access. I’m back living in STL now, and this Stanley Cup run still feels surreal.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Every time you change your HF username a blackhawks fan is born.
giphy.gif

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
MattyMo, from what I can tell, is 542365 (or whatever combination of six semi-random numbers) unless someone jacked his posting style along with his username.

Good to see you on here again P9...wanted to ask you what you thought of the Blues going back to the well and perhaps signing Coloaiacovo and Stewart for added depth?
Carlo Colaiacovo could from time to time be considered a weak link. ;)

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Began posting at the asylum in 99. HF boards was 2003. PocketNines.

Grew up in STL. First Blues game fall 1975 when my family moved back to STL after Vietnam enlistment & law school had pulled us east. The Blues are woven into the fabric of my life in a way that no other thing is, long after I left the city for the glorious and bruising adventures.

I stood alone, months before it happened, using data available to all people, and predicted the Ryan Miller outcome & why to a T. This forum was not good with it. Left in 2014. Still not good with the site allowing a poster here to use my pic as his avatar unpunished, so this is a short stay.

I co-founded FiveThirtyEight with a bad person. I failed to protect myself; I suffered the consequences. I pulled a little "pain, or damage, don't end the world" on myself (thanks Al Swearengen!) and earlier this year my little cannabis startup up here in Mendocino County CA took in a 9 figure series B. We just hired the inventor of the apple macintosh as vp engineering. Easton, you'll have a suite if I ever buy the team & you can pick your favorite posters to go. Be good to Easton, everybody.

My favorite thing about this team is that it is resilient and relentless, and it will not be denied.
This is the first I’ve heard about the avatar issue. That seems like a no-brainer decision, and I can see why that would be upsetting.

I was doxxed on a different website once in a bizarre and creepy way, with direct inappropriate emails to go along. It was a similar feeling to having my house burglarized (which has happened twice).

Glad you’re here for the ride. Hope it’s worth it.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Anyway, to fulfill the necessities of this topic (other than subtly irritating P9) I am an extremely "new fan", who has only just figured out there is indeed a sport which is almost as great as baseba...

Sorry, found myself completely unable to finish that. It is evidently much more difficult than I initially thought to attempt jocularity on years of being a Blues fan.

Was once from St. Louis area, traveled the world several times over due to an inclination to troubleshoot computers and the like for several years. Body decided, after going from places where the daily temperature was below freezing to the Middle East where it was decidedly the opposite, to ensure that never happened again.
So, after a few years of recovery, I am now responding to everyone from my house south of Jupiter, north of Miami. And, because I am an idiot, the wife (I'll make this easy, the one who believes she owns the Beach jersey) convinced me to build the house as a...sigh...beach house.

So, between myself and...Majority (I think) we can expand the coverage to Florida in the OP Easton.

Last edited:

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Carlo Colaiacovo could from time to time be considered a weak link. ;)
He could also be considered of weak constitution, weakened immune system, etc.
Not that I have a personal dislike of him.

I am curious who could call old Splodeybones becoming a prominent radio host in Canada. Seems random but cool.
Actually, Colo was very good in verbal communication from I could tell...which made sense as he likely had to tell trainers/medics/doctors daily what piece of himself he happened to break that day.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
This is the first I’ve heard about the avatar issue. That seems like a no-brainer decision, and I can see why that would be upsetting.

I was doxxed on a different website once in a bizarre and creepy way, with direct inappropriate emails to go along. It was a similar feeling to having my house burglarized (which has happened twice).

Glad you’re here for the ride. Hope it’s worth it.
Community is important. I'm not here to disrupt. I felt obligated to explain since I left five years ago without explanation, but to be clear I wouldn't name the person if I were asked in DM. Let the community be. That can easily be achieved for a couple weeks. For a lot of reasons I see more clearly now my personality is reactive to abuse, often with inappropriate amounts of force. I live with one of the wisest people you could imagine and I'm learning a lot from her. I have dogs now. I also smoke about an eighth of the finest flower on the planet every day. Things could be a lot worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad