2013 "preparation" camp, shortened schedule, etc.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If you're planning on slotting him as a 4C, you might as well pass. He isn't a checking center. You have to put him in the Top-6 or make the 3rd line a scoring line.

Yep. Gomez is a playmaker - he has never (minus one season) been a goal scorer. He's also, as you said, not a checker and his defensive game isn't so great anymore.

He certainly has his flaws but if the Sharks were to sign him, he'd look good between Galiardi and Wingels.

He'd also be a pretty good fit in Anaheim.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I wouldn't hold my breath on Gomez. Usually the only time a player chooses the Sharks is when nobody else wants them. FAs just don't like SJ. He'll probably stay in the East where he's been his whole career.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
On CSN they have an "injury" update on Burns which means they asked and pretty much were told nothing. But don't expect Burns anytime soon.

Todd also said when he comes back he's going to be behind and it's going to take a while for him to get to game speed. Which leads me to believe that's going to be this years Injury excuse.

Edit: here's the article. http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin-kurz/mclellan-no-timeline-burns

Last edited:

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Why do I have a feeling Burns went snowboarding or something and got hurt and now the team is being hush-hush. If it was a lesser overpaid player they'd use it as an excuse to void a contract but they're not gonna do it with Burns so they're trying to cover it up.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Why do I have a feeling Burns went snowboarding or something and got hurt and now the team is being hush-hush. If it was a lesser overpaid player they'd use it as an excuse to void a contract but they're not gonna do it with Burns so they're trying to cover it up.

Maybe he went on an ATV ride with Sheppard.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA

I agree. Somethings fishy with this.

Maybe one of his snakes or reptiles bit him.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Or, maybe he aggravated his injury...I doubt it's some big conspiracy.

According to David Pollak, he's on the 23 man roster to start the season. Demers seems to be a non-rostered player.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I doubt it's something like that, but it's awfully suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
It is sounding more and more like Burns issue is not injury related.

Maybe it has something to do with his headshot. He might be going through a life crisis at the moment. That explains not grooming himself and looking like a hobo. Just what we need, our future #1 d-man being emo.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Maybe it has something to do with his headshot. He might be going through a life crisis at the moment. That explains not grooming himself and looking like a hobo. Just what we need, our future #1 d-man being emo.

I am not casting aspersions, but it could be depression, substance abuse etc... (pain killers?). You can't put someone on the IR if they aren't injured I would think, which would make him being on the roster understandable if he's close to returning.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I am not casting aspersions, but it could be depression, substance abuse etc... (pain killers?). You can't put someone on the IR if they aren't injured I would think, which would make him being on the roster understandable if he's close to returning.

It's actually pointing to a death in the family or something. They could have said he has a lower or upper body injury or something like they usually do but instead they said he's going through a "rough time". Then he's on the roster which means he might be close to returning and not injured but then McLellan says there's no timetable for his return so maybe they're giving him as much time as he needs to get over what personal issues is going on. If it's a death in the family I'm sure they could mention it though so you can't rule out substance abuse I guess.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
It's actually pointing to a death in the family or something. They could have said he has a lower or upper body injury or something like they usually do but instead they said he's going through a "rough time". Then he's on the roster which means he might be close to returning and not injured but then McLellan says there's no timetable for his return so maybe they're giving him as much time as he needs to get over what personal issues is going on. If it's a death in the family I'm sure they could mention it though so you can't rule out substance abuse I guess.

Substance abuse would be my guess.

If it was a death in the family, for pete's sake, the Sharks should just say it. Their lack of transparency is such an annoyance. Not like opponents are going to do anything about it.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA

Judging by Burns massive facial hair growth, I'd say he was using HGH, or smoking the reefer...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad