Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread : Part II : Playoffs Edition

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Explains why Perreault hasn't been very noticeable this series.

He's going to be a big loss if he's out for any length of time again.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Explains why Perreault hasn't been very noticeable this series.

He's going to be a big loss if he's out for any length of time again.

When he went down halfway through the third and Bonino was on that line did you notice?

He hasn't been able to generate any kind of offense other than that chance he had in the first the other night. But his biggest issue in this series is being too small against the Kings D. I'm not terribly concerned about his absence.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
When he went down halfway through the third and Bonino was on that line did you notice?

He hasn't been able to generate any kind of offense other than that chance he had in the first the other night. But his biggest issue in this series is being too small against the Kings D. I'm not terribly concerned about his absence.
Bonino hasn't been much better.

Perreault's size didn't seem to hamper him v Dallas, which was a far more physical series then this one. He's one of our best offensive players, he may not of been playing great in this series, but whenever one of your best offensive players goes down you're going to feel the loss.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

Perreault's size didn't seem to hamper him v Dallas, which was a far more physical series then this one. He's one of our best offensive players, he may not of been playing great in this series, but whenever one of your best offensive players goes down you're going to feel the loss.

I'm just saying when he was out I didn't notice him at all. He's been taken off the first power play unit and just can't create any space in the offensive zone due to his size. I'd prefer he's in sure, but I don't think having Rakell in will be much of a drop off. At least for a game or two.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

speaking of. bones hasn't been very good at all when being slot into the top-6. although neither has maroon(obviously still good on the PP) to be quite honest. I was really hoping maroon would be a force in the PO's but so far he hasn't really. that "2nd line" has actually been carried by teemu of all people

Ducksgo*

speaking of. bones hasn't been very good at all when being slot into the top-6. although neither has maroon(obviously still good on the PP) to be quite honest. I was really hoping maroon would be a force in the PO's but so far he hasn't really. that "2nd line" has actually been carried by teemu of all people

I really don't know what team you are watching. You've been false on all points in this given post :facepalm:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I don't know what games you've been watching but Maroon has played quite well for the most part. He's never going to be a top scorer. But he works hard on the cycle and in the corners, goes to the net, plays to his size and is tough to play against.

Teemu looked good early against Dallas. He's scored vs the Kings but his overall game has been pretty weak. He's not carrying anybody.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't know what games you've been watching but Maroon has played quite well for the most part. He's never going to be a top scorer. But he works hard on the cycle and in the corners, goes to the net, plays to his size and is tough to play against.

Teemu looked good early against Dallas. He's scored vs the Kings but his overall game has been pretty weak. He's not carrying anybody.

well to me that entire second line hasnt been good but to me selanne's been the least bad of the bunch.
bones was invisible last game in the top-6. he looks good when hes centering that 4th line but when hes up with the 2nd he seems much less effective to me offensively speaking.

and i dunno, i haven't seen maroon dominate like we've seen him do in the regular season where all he does is win the board battles for possession. the best thing i've seen out of him is his physicality on the forecheck.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Center Mathieu Perreault resumed skating at Sunday's practice after missing Game 4 because of a lower-body injury and said he hopes to play Monday. Forward Matt Beleskey (lower-body injury) was ruled out for Game 5. And forward Tim Jackman, who broke his hand April 4, was shooting during practice and said he has a doctor's appointment Monday. He said he's "getting close."

Good for Jackman. That's unfortunate about Beleskey but maybe Winnik plays again as a silver lining.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ducks-20140512-story.html

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, i think i saw Jackman in one of the practice photos. But i don`t think he have a good chance playing vs LA even if healthy. I mean, Winnik sit for 3 games...

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah, i think i saw Jackman in one of the practice photos. But i don`t think he have a good chance playing vs LA even if healthy. I mean, Winnik sit for 3 games...
good point but i could easily see him stepping into palmieri's spot if he doesn't play well

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
I probably shouldn't say this, but the Kings haven't been as physical in this series as I was expecting.

They are still beat up from their series with SJ, which is why the Ducks need to keep laying the body on them. Every game that their skill players don't feel pain is another day their body gets to heal. Rumor has it that mitchell will be back for the next game. Not good, especially if their other PMD haven't been relegated to the walking (skating) wounded.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
They are still beat up from their series with SJ, which is why the Ducks need to keep laying the body on them. Every game that their skill players don't feel pain is another day their body gets to heal. Rumor has it that mitchell will be back for the next game. Not good, especially if their other PMD haven't been relegated to the walking (skating) wounded.

Well, I always wanted LA and SJC to face each other in the first round rather than us against LA. Can't imagine why others didn't. But still the dough boy hasn't been very physical (probably because of his own injury) and Stool has been relatively quiet. And Dustbin Brown hasn't been very engaged in much of anything all series either. Not complaining at all, just noting how it has gone so far.

I don't think we were as physical as much as i would have like either, but I'll take the win.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I probably shouldn't say this, but the Kings haven't been as physical in this series as I was expecting.
Agreed, personally I think the Dallas series was far more physical (and what an actual rivalry matchup looks like - Anaheim v LA has been pretty tame so far).

It also seems we took our foot off the pedal on the physical play as this series has gone on as well. I hope we pick it up for Game 6, need more body contact on Doughty, Carter, Gaborik etc.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I am also not sure that Beleskey have a place now in the lineup if he comes back. But i really do hope he heals as fast as possible, because who knows how it goes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad