Pre-Game Talk: 11/14 | Bruins Shuffle Off to Buffalo | Bruins @ Sabres | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Since we usually handle Buffalo in Buffalo easily, I bet we come out flat again because we expect an easy one. It is a pattern I have noticed first game versus formerly bad teams. Buffalo is starting to get it together, despite a 4-0 loss to the Pens. 4-2 Sabres. Btw Brown on defense is terrifying...
Another year and another endless line of you prediciting every game a loss.

Reactions: lopey and hrdpuk

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Beecher only played 8:22 last game.

Maybe Monty did like what he was seeing either.
Steen played 8:37 and Lauko played 8:20. While Marchand/Pasta/Zacha were all over 22 minutes. Not a Beecher thing, it was a play the top line more thing. He played almost 11 mins against the Isles - same ballpark as Brown and Steen. He started 11% of his shifts in the OZ against NYI, and had zero offensive zone starts against Montreal.

How exactly has Beecher been bad the last two games? He's doing his job at 4C.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Steen played 8:37 and Lauko played 8:20. While Marchand/Pasta/Zacha were all over 22 minutes. Not a Beecher thing, it was a play the top line more thing. He played almost 11 mins against the Isles - same ballpark as Brown and Steen. He started 11% of his shifts in the OZ against NYI, and had zero offensive zone starts against Montreal.

How exactly has Beecher been bad the last two games? He's doing his job at 4C.

I didn't say Beecher has been bad the last two games. The poster I responded to said something to that effect.

Maybe the 4th line wasn't playing up to expectations, hence less ice time. Or it was simply a close game throughout so they didn't play much.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Still waiting for Danton Heinen to show me something. Has he been bad? Eh, has he been good? Eh.

Guy is the most vanilla player ive ever seen.

Debrusk and Lindholm with twice the ice time, including PP time, and while costing 7 to 10 times what Heinen costs, have done very little.

You're worried about the guy making 775k? He's just a depth guy who sits when Geekie and Looch are back. There's literally nothing to be concerned about.

We need more out of our $ guys getting actual minutes though.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think we're getting a close one tonight. 4-3 someone in OT.

Need something out of JDB tonight, would like Heinen to show he has a pulse too.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I'm not sure Buffalo is "getting it together" at all. If you give them open ice they can score and score often. They are fast and skilled BUT they are really really not physical and have a really hard time against solid structured defense. They are still horrible in net front and that's where we can destroy them. Just go to the net and most of their D will crumble. They are still a very soft team and the bottom half of their roster is not good.

Poitras should have a good game again as Buffalo doesn't know how to check.
As a Sabres fan (unfortunately), this is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad