• Avalanche (AINEC)

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Avz

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
He has all-world talent. The ability to play with Nathan MacKinnon and score off of his passes/feed MacKinnon is not something anyone can do.

That said, we still need more. Too many times this season he gets the puck and stops moving his feet. We've all seen Rantanen get going before, he can fly if he wants to. He's become an incredibly lazy hockey player.

I believe part of that is on Jared Bednar playing him WAY too much the last two seasons. Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar can do it, I don't know that Mikko Rantanen can.

I'd be more willing to accept this if I saw him "run out of gas" or something, but he seems disinterested and lethargic from puck drop. Not to mention he seems to be getting weaker both from a hitting/puck battling standpoint, and a "can stay on his feet" standpoint.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
If droiun comes back… I don’t wanna mess with chemistry, wood Colton droiun. He seemed to help that line earlier this year?
Put him back with Mack. Let Moose play on the 3rd line if he doesn’t start massively playing better

Leave line 2 alone though. If Landy comes back then put him with Wood and Colton. Even at 60% he has the defensive awareness to help them like LOC or how Kivi has been

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Caught snippets of the game, as I had a family function. Glad for Georgiev, after game 1 train wreck performance. Won’t say I feel confident he can keep it up, but I also wasn’t sure he’d even get it going.

Awesome that Nuke got the hatty. It doesn’t matter much, as I don’t think they’d’ve made any noise in RD 2 last season, but IMO they would’ve at least eliminated Seattle had he been available for the duration of that series. His impact on the team is palpable.

All in all, it’s nice to have great feelings about the series after the roller coaster ride that was game 1, & shaky start to game 2.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Just nuts that everyone pretty much sleepwalked through the regular season and was just able to flip the switch for game 1 except for Mikko.

This series isn’t over but this team is giving me 2022 vibes
It´s kinda funny just how many still question if a team can simply flip a switch once the playoffs roll around when it happens regularly.

Why would you go all out in meaningless filler games at the end of the regular season?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It´s kinda funny just how many still question if a team can simply flip a switch once the playoffs roll around when it happens regularly.

Why would you go all out in meaningless filler games at the end of the regular season?
There is a difference between going all out and looking like the Avs did against Montreal, Columbus, Edmonton, Dallas, Winnipeg, and Vegas while home ice was in question.

There was legitimate cause for concern.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I guess the Winterpig Boeing fans are just boring post reporters.

I'll take that over Oilers fans, but they give us no good content like the deranged bLose fans produce.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
1714373048591.png

Lovingly ripped from the subreddit

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
There is a difference between going all out and looking like the Avs did against Montreal, Columbus, Edmonton, Dallas, Winnipeg, and Vegas while home ice was in question.

There was legitimate cause for concern.
Concerning sure. However, they finished the regular season like ass in the last cup season as well and so do multiple other contenders.

Top teams especially can just flip a switch, you just don´t know if they will.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Mikko hasn’t been good, but honestly, MacK hasn’t been a ton better. I feel like he’s had a lot of ‘Mikko’ type points this series.

Winnipeg does seem to be able to limit their effectiveness more than almost any other team for some reason.

I think it’s a testament to the strength of this team that they can have sub-par play from those guys and still be up 3-1 in a series.

MacKinnon has been fine. Rantanen has been ok. But it seems like Bednar is scaling back their minutes now that Mittelstadt has found some chemistry with Lehkonen and Parise. Before today, that third line had also been effective.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
MacKinnon has been fine. Rantanen has been ok. But it seems like Bednar is scaling back their minutes now that Mittelstadt has found some chemistry with Lehkonen and Parise. Before today, that third line had also been effective.

And that is a good thing. If other lines can win games, you should let your star players get some rest now. They played too much during regular season and they have looong way ahead of them for stanley cup

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
So many positives to take away from the game as others have mentioned. Another thing I'll add is how awesome it is to see Middlestadt play well with Parise. I'm sure it's a big deal for him to play with a guy who has been one of the best American born players from Minnesota. Instant chemistry. There was a shot of them embracing each other on the bench after the Makar goal. Love to see it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Put him back with Mack. Let Moose play on the 3rd line if he doesn’t start massively playing better
Should also be looked at as an opportunity for him. Winnipeg knows they have to shut down MacKinnon's line, and now the 2nd line who is playing out of their minds. Rantanen on 3rd is just another headache for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad