“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Re PLD… I think Dubois will show up for the playoffs…historically he’s done better the bigger the stage. He was hot and cold vs Vegas last year and was a no show when they eliminated the Jets but his first game vs Vegas…he dominated his shifts
I appreciate the commentary, but you'll have to forgive me if I'm unimpressed. So he played 1 good game against VGK last year then disappeared?

That doesn't exactly get me excited.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Personally I just want them to lose, lose now, lose fast so the whole rotten edifice can be torn down.
Hiller is a placeholder and has done nothing to indicate he has coaching skills. Todays lines are some of the dumbest shit ever dreamed up in this organization.
FIRE BLAKE NOW, that much we can all agree on, he is a complete failure in every aspect of the job.
LOSE KINGS LOSE, Fail, fire, rebuild.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
That center depth is pretty solid…

How would you guys do the lines? Look good to me (again - I’m an outside here :laugh:)
The lines are anyone's guess

They ran these in practice before the last game

Kempe – Kopitar – Laferriere
Moore – Danault – Arvidsson
Fiala – Lizotte – Lewis
Byfield – Dubois – Turcotte

And then scratched Turcotte and ran an 11-7

Grundstrom was activated so I could see him in Turcotte's spot

As far as the trade...it's never too late for an Uno reverse card. Please send us back Vilardi and Iafallo we will send back PLDufus , giftwrapped

Attachments

• bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
    bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
On a recent episode of 32 Thoughts, they made a mention of Dubois being penciled into the 4th line. Pretty embarrassing.

The way Lizotte plays isn't sustainable with higher minutes. He'll wreck himself.

For the Kings to have any chance at all they've got to have 4 quality lines. And this will be completely contingent on PLD.
That’s only the 4th line by virtue of how the person writing it has determined. It could easily be argued that Fiala has been demoted.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I'm sure Grundstrom is back in part to the old coaching creed of not letting a player lose his spot due to injury, but I'm over him. He's just ineffective over long stretches of play before showing good physicality and disruptive results on the forecheck every so often. I thought he turned the corner early in the season, but it was a mirage like the overall team play in general.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That’s only the 4th line by virtue of how the person writing it has determined. It could easily be argued that Fiala has been demoted.
No it's not. There's plenty of games recently where Lizotte is getting more TOI than Dubois.

Reactions: Faterson

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
No it's not. There's plenty of games recently where Lizotte is getting more TOI than Dubois.
Sure but when you consider the wingers the Dubois line is arguably stronger. I never said it was certain that the Lizotte line was the 4th line, it’s just not certain it isn’t either. My guess is he stats rolling 1-4 and the ice time will get distributed based on performance (apart from the Kopitar line). Hiller varies the ice time for lines 2-4 quite considerably no matter what the configuration is.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
He said he expected him to be ready.

It's a subtle distinction but an important one I think.

"Do you expect Carl Grundstrom to be ready (inadaudible) in the lineup?"

Hiller - I do. I do. I expect him to be ready yea ready to go.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Whichever intern took Jeff Solomon’s gig is in line for a bonus. It’s truly a coup to play cap shenanigans all season to see it result in Grundstrom being the stealth playoff X factor.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah Grundstrom is typically fantastic when he first enters the lineup, gonna have a 2G first night then be a baller for the entire first round haha

Oilers hate him

Reactions: Lt Dan

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Hiller’s reponse is crazy. Fiala is the only player on that line with offense. Can’t wait for it to get exposed

Depending on which grundstrom shows up this could be good when he plays heavy he is effective. Somebody has to check!
The only reason he should be in the lineup is if he’s going to throw his body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad