Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
1712685183325.png

Attachments

• 1712685074530.png
    1712685074530.png
    636.2 KB · Views: 2

Camille the Eel

Jack just needs to get whatever surgery he needs asap and then bulk up after to be stronger for the next season. Faster this happens better for us. I really hope he does the surgery to get rid of this once and for all. If not we will be dealing with this every single year which is something we can't be dealing with from a top 6 player.
I wonder if we will ever be told precisely what ailed him or precisely what the prognosis and treatment is. I think it’s disgraceful in a sport where fans are spending hundreds of dollars to go to games and where bettors are wagering millions, that the teams are allowed to be so totally non communicative if not misleading about injuries. Even football is miles ahead of hockey as to injury disclosure. Will we ever know what the Jack Hughes injury story truly was this year?

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I know it's a B2B for the Leafs but, I expect them to come out and cave us in again. Allen will have to be superhuman again for any possibility of points. Or the Leafs could just pull some Leafs shit. Either way should be fun. Enjoy it while it's still here lol.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I wonder if we will ever be told precisely what ailed him or precisely what the prognosis and treatment is. I think it’s disgraceful in a sport where fans are spending hundreds of dollars to go to games and where bettors are wagering millions, that the teams are allowed to be so totally non communicative if not misleading about injuries. Even football is miles ahead of hockey as to injury disclosure. Will we ever know what the Jack Hughes injury story truly was this year?
Probably not and what's even more worrisome is I fear he doesn't get the surgery and just hopes by next season he's back to 100%. That's the worst thing that can happen because if we're going to have an injured Hughes every week then it makes his steal of a deal redundant. There's nothing worse than a player who is always injured because then you need to pull up players who aren't capable of filling the shoes. How many years of Hughes and he's not good at taking faceoffs? Now he doesn't even take them at all. If that's the case we can't look at him as a #1 center anymore and we need to find a 2nd line center. This all falls upon Jack & the medical staff and how they play this. It's why I wouldn't even be mad if we went after Lindholm in the off season.

Camille the Eel

Probably not and what's even more worrisome is I fear he doesn't get the surgery and just hopes by next season he's back to 100%. That's the worst thing that can happen because if we're going to have an injured Hughes every week then it makes his steal of a deal redundant. There's nothing worse than a player who is always injured because then you need to pull up players who aren't capable of filling the shoes. How many years of Hughes and he's not good at taking faceoffs? Now he doesn't even take them at all. If that's the case we can't look at him as a #1 center anymore and we need to find a 2nd line center. This all falls upon Jack & the medical staff and how they play this. It's why I wouldn't even be mad if we went after Lindholm in the off season.
We don’t even know if it’s something truly amenable to surgery. If it was a shoulder or collar bone or wrist. Or anything. Shoulders are open soft tissue joints. Generally problematic as to surgical repair and subject to chronic weakness once dislocated, for one example.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
What is our tragic number? The sooner the better I'm tired of our broadcast especially T.V talking about it. Matt doesn't smoke up our asses like Bill Spaulding does on T.V. We aren't watching because we believe or even enjoy it. We watch because we are addicted and like the pain!

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I'm going tonight, not excited about it but since there's only 2 home games left and I've barely gone this past month figured might as well, October is a long ways away.
I thought they were playing in Toronto. Now I know why we are the undergrounds... lol Hope you get something out of it. My heart goes out to our fans. We deserved so much better hopefully next year is better and the crowds aren't embarrassingly small because of one shitty year of underachieving. I'm not renewing my 12 game plan. At least not at the same pricing level. More of a budget/inflation reasons.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
So it takes until we’re one point over fake .500 with four games left to shut down Hughes. This organization is pathetic.
i think it may have been a bit of a mercy killing like Ruff’s firing. After the missed penalty shot and Kovalchukian shootout fail, i think a chunk of the fanbase was ready to turn on him. I was already seeing tweets and even posts on this board saying that Jack doesn’t care or that he’s not trying. Only a matter of time until the boos started.

Honestly can you imagine a worse season to have chirped that people pay to watch him play?

Reactions: Patrik26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i think it may have been a bit of a mercy killing like Ruff’s firing. After the missed penalty shot and Kovalchukian shootout fail, i think a chunk of the fanbase was ready to turn on him. I was already seeing tweets and even posts on this board saying that Jack doesn’t care or that he’s not trying. Only a matter of time until the boos started.

Honestly can you imagine a worse season to have chirped that people pay to watch him play?
The team thread is ready for a mercy killing too, a new one will start once we're officially eliminated.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What is our tragic number? The sooner the better I'm tired of our broadcast especially T.V talking about it. Matt doesn't smoke up our asses like Bill Spaulding does on T.V. We aren't watching because we believe or even enjoy it. We watch because we are addicted and like the pain!
With a regulation loss, maybe tonight depending on tiebreakers and OOT results. Max we would get is 85, there are already six teams over 85 and the Islanders are there...at least one of the Wings or Caps will be at or over 85 after their game.

I guess the official tragic number would be 3

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
With a regulation loss, maybe tonight depending on tiebreakers. Max we would get is 85, there are already six teams over 85 and the Islanders are there...at least one of the Wings or Caps will be at or over 85 after their game.

I guess the official tragic number would be 3

I think I heard if we lose in regulation we’re eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad