Prospect Info: With the 92nd Pick ( Round 3 ) The Bruins select Christopher Pelosi

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If you've looked at what I said, I haven't used ratings from FC or Craig Button to make my argument. What' I've consistently said is:

How did that player do against his same age peers?
Did he put up a decent number of pts (I'd say close to ppg for guys in USHL, CHL, J20, Finnish Jr and MHL in Russia... for US high school or Canadian junior leagues like the BCHL it better be OVER a ppg. For guys in college it's a different thing, same for Euros playing in men's leagues.

Ok, so how did Pinto and Beecher compare?

In their draft years, in the same league (USHL):

Pinto 1.05
Beecher .74

Of course pts aren't everything. Plenty of little guys have lit up the WHL for example or poor skating but goot shot QMJHL guys. But Pinto is 6'2 and in the same league. Even if I think Beecher is better defensively, if I'm drafting, I'm going to be on the skilled guy more often than not. There are occasions when I might not, but Beecher wouldn't have been one.

But to be honest, I probably would've taken Arthur Kalieyv. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Beecher had a very good 2019 WJSS which led to his being named to the US U-20 Team as an 18 year old. He was named again in '21, so he had a portfolio.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not a bad find scoring a point a game. Looks promising.
Agreed. He's going to a great program. Bruins drafting over the years has turned out a lot better than myself and many others were giving credit for. I still would have taken Jayden Perron, and I may be wrong, but he had a better year in his draft year in the same league. Apples and oranges though in size and position

Last edited:
Reactions: The don godfather

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Agreed. He's going to a great program. Bruins drafting over the years has turned out a lot better than myself and many others were giving credit for. I still would have taken Jayden Perron, and I may be wrong, but he had a better year in his draft year in the same league. Apples and oranges though in size and position
Lou, with all due respect I find it extremely hard to believe that you of all people would have drafted a 5'9 164 pound winger

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lou, with all due respect I find it extremely hard to believe that you of all people would have drafted a 5'9 164 pound winger
100%... Took him in my sim league over him as well :) Plus he is with my nephew at UND. I'm a changed man!!! I took he and Luca Cagnoni back to back! I do take that as a compliment though, Dan keeps me updated with you and you sound like all is really good which is awesome.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad