Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
The thing for me is this... the OHL Draft seems to have been very solid, while he has a top pick in the Import Draft coming up. Those are both very positive things for the organization. IF Walters is hired, it's going to come with the inevitable, and understandable, scrutiny because of the suspension. That could overshadow the positives and that's not what the Spitfires need right now.
Gotta let the draft play out. It's always optimistic but until they lace em up it's a wait n see.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
See, I took it differently, which is why I said that.
So if he is hired will you post "let's give him a chance and see what happens"? Or a WTF is BB thinking?
I'll bet he gets your benefit of the doubt IF hired. ( as will any1 hired regardless of past)

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So if he is hired will you post "let's give him a chance and see what happens"? Or a WTF is BB thinking?
I'll bet he gets your benefit of the doubt IF hired. ( as will any1 hired regardless of past)

If he's hired, I'm much more in the "what are we thinking?" category. As I said before, his suspension dealt with head injuries and I know first-hand those aren't something to mess around with.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
If he's hired, I'm much more in the "what are we thinking?" category. As I said before, his suspension dealt with head injuries and I know first-hand those aren't something to mess around with.
We?
For me as a hockey fan.....Hopefully the org (BB n ownership) looks elsewhere.
Is that what you would prefer?

Last edited:

Bourne

Nov 24, 2022
OHLTG’s opinion is his, that’s what a forum is about. If his opinion upsets you, you have choices.
I think the original posters comment was meant to say this exact thing. Not as a dig at OHLTG but to others questioning his reaction.

Reactions: scokan

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
With Berube heading to the Buds I’ll mention that I saw a blurb on Twitter saying Marc Savard was a possibly to join the Leafs from the Flames. I do not remember who mentioned it and I don’t know the connection between Berube and Savard.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
With Berube heading to the Buds I’ll mention that I saw a blurb on Twitter saying Marc Savard was a possibly to join the Leafs from the Flames. I do not remember who mentioned it and I don’t know the connection between Berube and Savard.

There were a few accounts that brought it up. Savard ran the StL power play when Berube was the HC back in 2019-20.

Reactions: punch1943

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
There were a few accounts that brought it up. Savard ran the StL power play when Berube was the HC back in 2019-20.
The interesting thing is St. LOUIS reported he was " leaving the team to spend more time with his family " back when they announced he wasn't returning. Must have been a manager/owner issue than a Berube if he is interested in bringing him back with the Leafs. Not sure Toronto needs an offensive minded ac coach when their problem is not scoring. It is tough pkayoff hockey with player commitment to the big goal.

Reactions: punch1943

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
The interesting thing is St. LOUIS reported he was " leaving the team to spend more time with his family " back when they announced he wasn't returning. Must have been a manager/owner issue than a Berube if he is interested in bringing him back with the Leafs. Not sure Toronto needs an offensive minded ac coach when their problem is not scoring. It is tough pkayoff hockey with player commitment to the big goal.
Their problem has been scoring in the playoffs for at least two years

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Their problem has been scoring in the playoffs for at least two years
Their problem is not coaching. Fired Babcock (old school coach) Fired Keefe (new school coach/) no money for secondary scoring. Core 4 is soft overall. Teams focus on them in the playoffs and you pretty much shutdown the team. Berube preaches 200 ft game. Sure he won the cup 1st year he took over mid-season. Had a well balanced 4 line team and a all star performance by Bennigbton Since then, great reguar seasons with early round exits every year. Sounds familiar.

Reactions: TheGremlin

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Again, why does this matter? If you have some sort of issue with the guy's opinion maybe you could talk to him about it instead of making it the focus of the Spitfires thread. We get it, you think he's going to change his mind later on. Lots of people revise their opinions with the benefit of hindsight, this is nothing revolutionary or controversial.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Again, why does this matter? If you have some sort of issue with the guy's opinion maybe you could talk to him about it instead of making it the focus of the Spitfires thread. We get it, you think he's going to change his mind later on. Lots of people revise their opinions with the benefit of hindsight, this is nothing revolutionary or controversial.
Why does it matter to you?
The focus of the Spitfires board lol? Doubtful.
1 response, days ago and its the focus of the board lol. I didn't realize that, so sorry Holeo.
Nothing to do with hindsight or revising an opinion, but TY for the response.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
its a message board, you may not like the way a convo is going, or you may love it, but its a message baord and as such, people are allowed to voice their opinions, just as you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad