Buffalo Bills Wildcard: Bills (#3) v. Pats (#6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I tried watching the game and between the ESPN announcers and the play on the field I just couldn’t. I went back to binging my show.

Have you tried the Manningcast? Granted, the first half guests were Cowher and Goodell, so not much better...

I just don't get Cleveland. Like, you have a QB who is clearly not 100% yet, and you have Nick Chubb. Why are they hamstringing themselves by not running the ball?

And Clowney throwing a shoe...really? That's like the third time in the last two years a football player (college or pro) has thrown a shoe. Why!?!?!?? What is causing this shoe throwing epidemic?

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Have you tried the Manningcast? Granted, the first half guests were Cowher and Goodell, so not much better...

I just don't get Cleveland. Like, you have a QB who is clearly not 100% yet, and you have Nick Chubb. Why are they hamstringing themselves by not running the ball?

And Clowney throwing a shoe...really? That's like the third time in the last two years a football player (college or pro) has thrown a shoe. Why!?!?!?? What is causing this shoe throwing epidemic?
I’m not overly keen on the Manning cast. I tried it once or twice and just couldn’t get in to it. They are super knowledgeable guys but they just seem “dry and uninterested” to me. Maybe I just caught bad segments cause I hear good things.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I like to believe this was a cultural watershed moment wrt shoe-throwing (and general anger stripping) in sports

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

The situational awareness was worse than the guy whose shoe he threw (Claypool). Instead of 4th and 7, extend the drive and allow a TD...

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
With 1 week left, I think we end with:

- KC over Denver
- Bengals over Browns
- Titans over Texans
- Colts over Jags
- Dolphins over Pats
- Raiders over Chargers

1. Titans
2 vs 7 Chiefs - Pats
3 vs 6 Bengals - Colts
4 vs 5 Bills - Raiders

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

- KC over Denver
- Bengals over Browns
- Titans over Texans
- Colts over Jags
- Dolphins over Pats
- Raiders over Chargers

1. Titans
2 vs 7 Chiefs - Pats
3 vs 6 Bengals - Colts
4 vs 5 Bills - Raiders
If that happens, I think our likely path is beat LV here, beat KC in KC, and then I’m not sure if we’d have to go to Tennessee or host Indy here but if we’re on and playing right in the playoffs I think we can beat either.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Goat House is usually pretty thorough. For all you scenario/permiatations guys out there. :)

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’m sure the NFL is loving the fact that we are entering the final week and there are still 3 playoff spots open and from best I can tell only 1 team locked in to their seed which is GB.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It'll never happen, and I'm sure Goodell/the league would step in, but it would be hilarious if the Colts somehow lost to the Jags and the Chargers and Raiders pulled a Disgrace of Gijon since they could both make the playoffs with a tie

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It'll never happen, and I'm sure Goodell/the league would step in, but it would be hilarious if the Colts somehow lost to the Jags and the Chargers and Raiders pulled a Disgrace of Gijon since they could both make the playoffs with a tie

I get why the NFL would want the 'win & in' game in the late time slot - but with the possible outcome I'm surprised it is being allowed to happen. Even if the odds of this scenario playing out are very slim.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007

- KC over Denver
- Bengals over Browns
- Titans over Texans
- Colts over Jags
- Dolphins over Pats
- Raiders over Chargers

1. Titans
2 vs 7 Chiefs - Pats
3 vs 6 Bengals - Colts
4 vs 5 Bills - Raiders
That is the best possible outcome from a Bills fan perspective. I like the Pats and Chargers in their games, but those are not exactly my best bets of the week.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

while hilarious and I’m all for it, both teams would excluded from the playoffs and heavily punished if they intentionally played to a tie from the start.

Now if it’s in OT or the end of the game, I think playing for the tie is fair game!

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
That is the best possible outcome from a Bills fan perspective. I like the Pats and Chargers in their games, but those are not exactly my best bets of the week.

Since 2013, Pats are 2-7 at Miami and are 1-3 in their list 4 matchups.

Pats have just sucked at Miami.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
21 NFL players added to COVID-19 reserve list today. 0 Bills players, again.

Makes you wonder. :sarcasm:

vcv said:
Knowing what the COVID restrictions and policies are, Christmas being over, and coming up on the playoffs, I wonder if leaders on teams start talking about putting themselves on more restrictions to try to avoid getting it and being held out for an important game.

These guys talk about winning at all costs.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I get why the NFL would want the 'win & in' game in the late time slot - but with the possible outcome I'm surprised it is being allowed to happen. Even if the odds of this scenario playing out are very slim.

The problem is there really isn't any other game that is guaranteed to have any relevance in that slot. The Chargers are in with a win/tie and out with a loss, regardless what else transpires--they have no clinching or elimination scenarios dependent on other teams whatsoever. The Raiders do have a back door way to clinch if Indy and Pittsburgh both lose, but the Chargers don't have that, guaranteeing that no matter what else happens the game will matter. And seeding isn't really important enough...you can't sell drama with "well, they can move from the 7th to the 5th spot with a win in this pivotal game!"...and we saw last year when all Buffalo had to play for was seeding they benched the starters for the 2nd half. Any other game they put in that slot might end up meaningless based on other results.

But yes, the fact that a tie in that game could benefit both teams is definitely a fun possibility.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I highly doubt either team would play for a tie, for the entire game or even just at the end if it is close and the other needed results happen first. They are division rivals for one and also I don’t see NFL players or coaches willingly playing for a tie. And at the end of the day, I doubt it’ll even be a possibility with the other needed results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad