Value of: What does Bertuzzi do as a Free Agent?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Hoping not Toronto, to be honest.

Keep Domi, but Bertuzzi plays far too clumsy to be effective with us. Even if you assume Marner's gone, I think there's probably a better fit for $5m long term than Bertuzzi.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don't see it honestly. Wouldn't mind him back, but I think he'll go elsewhere.

Ok. Could not happen, I get it.

Then again, PV knows Bertuzzi well.
Ya that was kinda always where my head was at but hes specifically mentioned a few times RH shot

Unless hes filling out the bottom 6 /shrug...i suppose a guy like zegras is capable on both wings

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Ya that was kinda always where my head was at but hes specifically mentioned a few times RH shot

Unless hes filling out the bottom 6 /shrug...i suppose a guy like zegras is capable on both wings

Well PV isn't wrong, the team could use a good RH shot.

But, I think Bertuzzi would be an injection for the Anaheim offense. Play up in the top 6, help the younger players.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I'd love him bak in Toronto at 5×5. Guy actually showed heart in the playoffs, dispite the numbers. If not, best of luck to him, he's an effective player.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I have to imagine he takes a long-term contract somewhere and a fair amount of teams would be interested.

I'd be interested in him with the Habs.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well PV isn't wrong, the team could use a good RH shot.

But, I think Bertuzzi would be an injection for the Anaheim offense. Play up in the top 6, help the younger players.
Problem is where

Gauthier, zegras, killorn, Vatrano, terry, carlsson, mctavish + right hand shot I guess we could go

Gauthier carlsson _____ - rh shot
Bertuzzi zegras terry
Killorn mctavish Vatrano

Or something

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Sure, give him 5x5 if you're the Leafs but then fans shouldn't complain when they don't have legit goaltending once again cause there is no money.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Assuming a salary of around $5 million, there’s a bunch of potential fits for him.

Too many teams to list. It’s his choice, basically.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It will be interesting to see how GM's manage their potential cap space to come with a salary cap that will be rising sharply in the next few seasons. Contenders and top teams don't have much wiggle room yet but the non playoff teams do.

Bertuzzi just had 43pts with 21 goals in 80 games on a stacked offense. I believe he played top 6 most of the season? Decent playoffs in terms of energy given each shift.

I would not go 5 years in terms with Bertuzzi. If an aggressive GM wants to give him that, let them. 3 years should be the max for a middle 6F type like Bertuzzi. Teams like size though and he has it so I'm sure he can get the 5x $5M if he wants to sign with a non playoff team.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Definitely would love to keep him. Not going above 5 though. Something like 4-5yrs @ 5mil. I think he would be valuable especially if/when we lose offence in form of either Marner or Tavares or both.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - McMann
Robertson - Domi/Minten - Järnkrok
Gregor - Holmberg - Reaves/Anyone/Steeves

Rielly - X
Mccabe - Liljegren
Benoit - X
Lyubushkin

X
Woll

I can live with that

Ad