What do you want from the Jackets' next GM?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Says he doesn't get the feeling CBJ is close to making a GM decision. Mentions he believes team has talked with Bergevin & Botterill. Mostly under impression team is still waiting to talk to people. Mentions EDM as a team that CBJ may be waiting on to finish playing. No mention at all of Vincent's job.
Thanks. My fault on assuming it was about Pv. It was in a group of coach openings.

Reactions: MAHJ71

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Bergevin was a complete mixed bag at Montreal. Dunno how I'd feel about that

I have no memories on his trades/picks, but if the new GM is supposed to fix things, then hiring Ex-Sabres GM would be pretty questionable. Would require some seriously good explanations on why he didnt fix anything in Buffalo, but will do so here.

At least Chiarelli hasnt been mentioned yet

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

I do think these may be the three prime candidates, and if this is the case my order is

1. Macfarland
2. Holland
3. Hunter

Holland may be older but he does know how to set standards.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Holland may be older but he does know how to set standards.
He's also not been able to take care of goaltending issues. Secondary scoring isn't very good either.

McDavid and Draisatl may have wasted the prime of their careers in terms of winning the Stanley Cup. If the Oilers don't win it all this year, then Holland shouldn't warrant any consideration. Getting to the second round with McDrai isn't a resume builder. Or at least it shouldn't be.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He's also not been able to take care of goaltending issues. Secondary scoring isn't very good either.

McDavid and Draisatl may have wasted the prime of their careers in terms of winning the Stanley Cup. If the Oilers don't win it all this year, then Holland shouldn't warrant any consideration. Getting to the second round with McDrai isn't a resume builder. Or at least it shouldn't be.
Well, it’s not been due to lack of trying. On both issues, sometimes what’s available limits how you can address it though.

The biggest eye sore to hollands tenure in Edmonton (other than the goalies as you mentioned) is that Darnell Nurse contract. Hes done pretty well there and has done well with his coaching decisions.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Detroit fan popping in because I saw the Bergervin rumor...

... Y'all do not want Holland lol. Check the draft history of Holland/Wright led teams for the last decade.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad