Buffalo Bills Week 4: Bills @ Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Part of the problem is we don't know what was said by Tua to the team doctor and independent neurologist. He may have known he had head trauma but said it was his back since he had tweaked it prior and was hopeful he could get away with it. Maybe he said it was his back but only said that because he was concussed and not thinking about his well being and simply wanted to play however had he been in a proper state of mind he would have admitted to the head trauma. I don't know. They are professional athletes however that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't protect them from themselves. Hope he makes a full recover and is able to continue his career. Other players have had the same fencing response and returned to play the same season so it's probably not career threatening simply because it looked scary however everyone's brain reacts differently and what his road to recovery may entail is to be determined.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I just saw the play and there's no way anyone will ever be able to convince me this wasn't related to last week. His head hit the turf harder last week than it did tonight. That is a man who should have been nowhere near a football field. :(

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
I’m really curious to see if there will be any big time national NFL reporters or networks that will come out tonight or tomorrow morning and openly criticize the NFL or Dolphins. I know Twitter is a buzz about it and it is being condemned but I haven’t seen a major name (to me and I also don’t follow them all) do it. I really want to see it done on air or in an actual article though. I doubt it’ll happen tho. And I know for sure Rapoport won’t after his farce of a tweet last week.
Most of them are shill's for the league (like the insiders) and the paycheck, but I'm sure some will.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I really like listening to Ross when he is on WGR on Thursdays. Will have to listen to his podcast at some point tomorrow. And with that, time for bed lol.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Ughh...I was certainly a Tua doubter but man...guy was really coming on and then the team just entirely mishandles him.

I'm not one to blame organizations for stuff often but I don't understand why the Dolphins had him out there today to begin with. They're 3-1 if they lost and still in control of the division with a historically easy schedule for the next eight weeks.

Hope he recovers. No clue what his future is right now but it's sad. Miami has an organizational issue.

On a very much unimportant note, now, not feeling excellent about betting the house on Bengals +3.5.

I did not realize how shitty the Cincy fans are. It sounds like a neutral crowd. No wonder the rest of the AFCN mocks their fans. Good grief.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bengals are on the struggle bus offensively. Burrow has looked off pretty much all year, though at least it looks like he's actually getting rid of the ball quickly or on time tonight as opposed to holding onto it for an eternity

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I really like listening to Ross when he is on WGR on Thursdays. Will have to listen to his podcast at some point tomorrow. And with that, time for bed lol.

I am pissed off. It sets the league back. Their concussion protocol all along has been a giant fugazi. Maybe with that replay being shown over and over and over again they'll be forced to address it. It'll be interesting to see how much media coverage this gets because these networks and the NFL work so closely together.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Also, as much as I doubt the NFL will change anything, maybe Tua's injury forces them to pass more stringent concussion protocols to prevent something like this from happening to someone else? One can hope

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Bengals are on the struggle bus offensively. Burrow has looked off pretty much all year, though at least it looks like he's actually getting rid of the ball quickly or on time tonight as opposed to holding onto it for an eternity

The problem with the Bengals is they live and die on the big play. And when they don't get it, they end up in trouble.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Bengals run three times at the goal line and then kick a FG from the half yard line. In other words, Dolphins are going to win this game.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The problem with the Bengals is they live and die on the big play. And when they don't get it, they end up in trouble.
Yeah, teams have realized that you can cover 2 them to death. Burrow's doing a better job of beating it today, but it's still not great. IMO Taylor holds them back immensely.

You have Chase and Higgins and don't trust them to win a 1 on 1 scenario once

As I've said already, Zac Taylor is a moron

Reactions: sabremike

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Cincy's run blocking might just be worse than ours. Good lord.
Were near the top of the league in pass protect, bottom for run blocking of course. Cincy is bad at both. Lets get everyone healthy and then let Kromer get things in shape.

The running game is also prohibited by two unathletic backs and a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad