Status
Not open for further replies.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
1715885855180.png

Reactions: Porkleaker

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Stecher for Ceci, please. I don't think my blood pressure can take another shift with Ceci on the ice
What- you didnt like him skating the puck right into the crowd of Canucks last game? You don't enjoy him getting beat off the rush?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I was saying a couple games ago I hope the Nucks try to top load their forwards and sacrifice their depth. Depth is their strength.

Maybe it works out for them but i think our bottom 6 might chip in against a thinned out Nucks bottom 6. We shall see.

Pickard, best of luck and hope his 2nd game is as good as his first

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
All I care about is the W, this team is absolutely capable to beat the Nucks up, do it!

On a sidenote, there's a concerning amount of similar aged people in here who should consider some light workouts. Jeez boys, it's not getting better from 40 onwards, do it now or you'll be howling for decades. Trust me, I'm not a doctor.

Go Oilers! :hockey:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This series has been an interesting study. Before or after every game, there seems to be a narrative out of Vancouver that gets puts out there complete with soundbites from the team to push it whether it be embellishment, standard of call for cross checks, "league has a couple things to look at", "league protecting their investment", calling players passengers, etc. Tocchet is grinding his ass off trying to get as much out of this series either through the players or pushing narratives to hopefully get some advantage out of the calls.

Has there been anything other than the typical vanilla comments out of the Oilers dressing room other than around the swap to Pickard and one soundbite where Spector baited Draisaitl into a poorly worded snippet about "posts ain't good goaltending" in response to Spector directly asking if all the posts they were hitting being a product of good goaltending.

It's part of their identity as fans and has been for as long as I remember. Was the exact same thing in 2011, they still laughably blame the refs for that loss too.

They're children in every single respect as fans of a sports team. Throw tantrums like children, make excuses like children, whine like children, have a child's level of understanding of the game, etc. They're all children, from the media all the way on down.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I was saying a couple games ago I hope the Nucks try to top load their forwards and sacrifice their depth. Depth is their strength.

Maybe it works out for them but i think our bottom 6 might chip in against a thinned out Nucks bottom 6. We shall see.

Pickard, best of luck and hope his 2nd game is as good as his first
The only lines that are contributing for them are the Miller and Lindholm lines. We'd have probably swept the series if Skinner played with a SP around .850.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
It's part of their identity as fans and has been for as long as I remember. Was the exact same thing in 2011, they still laughably blame the refs for that loss too.

They're children in every single respect as fans of a sports team. Throw tantrums like children, make excuses like children, whine like children, have a child's level of understanding of the game, etc. They're all children, from the media all the way on down.
Pretty much. Over the recent weeks this is pretty much the experience on Twitter.

Bone: <Insert random comment about the Oilers>
Canucks fan: Oilers suck. Only 2 players. Vancouver has more depth.
Bone: Oilers have 12 players that have scored a goal in the playoffs. Vancouver has 8.
Canucks fan: The league wants McCrybaby to win and calling everything against Vancouver to make sure he wins.
Bone: Vancouver has had more powerplays than Edmonton in this series.
Canucks fan: Oilers suck. Powerplay merchants. Vancouver way better 5 on 5.
Bone: Edmonton has more 5 on 5 goals in the playoffs than Vancouver and Vancouver only has one more than them in this series. Advanced stats are significantly in Edmonton’s direction this series.
Canucks: f*** off. Oilers are a bunch of divers and embellishers and an embarrassment to the league.
Bone: Shows video footage of Canucks players diving in this series.
Canucks fan: Your a moron (the better ones might at least spell you’re correctly here)
Bone: <tries to reply but Canuck fan blocks to make it look like they owned an Oiler fan with their brilliant wit leaving them speechless>

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
And a large part of that came in Game 3 in a rout where LA just came unglued in the 3rd period.

I'll keep saying to anyone willing to listen. Longterm dedicated Canucks are some of the best to talk hockey with. Unfortunately whenever the team is decent, they get drowned to by the chest beaters and whiners. Many of the good Canuck fans even hate those people.
Back in the Usenet days on hockey alts Nucks fans were pretty reasonable to talk hockey with. Was one of the more popular NHL usenet alts. That was before this board existed. More posters posted on the Vancouver usenet alt than did on the Oilers. That was mid 90's to early millenium though and the Oilers weren't usually up to much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkleaker and bone

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Pretty much. Over the recent weeks this is pretty much the experience on Twitter.

Bone: <Insert random comment about the Oilers>
Canucks fan: Oilers suck. Only 2 players. Vancouver has more depth.
Bone: Oilers have 12 players that have scored a goal in the playoffs. Vancouver has 8.
Canucks fan: The league wants McCrybaby to win and calling everything against Vancouver to make sure he wins.
Bone: Vancouver has had more powerplays than Edmonton in this series.
Canucks fan: Oilers suck. Powerplay merchants. Vancouver way better 5 on 5.
Bone: Edmonton has more 5 on 5 goals in the playoffs than Vancouver and Vancouver only has one more than them in this series. Advanced stats are significantly in Edmonton’s direction this series.
Canucks: f*** off. Oilers are a bunch of divers and embellishers and an embarrassment to the league.
Bone: Shows video footage of Canucks players diving in this series.
Canucks fan: Your a moron (the better ones might at least spell you’re correctly here)
Bone: <tries to reply but Canuck fan blocks to make it look like they owned an Oiler fan with their brilliant wit leaving them speechless>

My personal favourite is them crying for suspensions or drawing ridiculous false equivalencies on plays that are objectively not close to suspendible. Love the "if this were McDavid he'd be suspended for this." Their obsession with who should or shouldn't be suspended is as insane as it is bizarre.

I saw one of them looking for Perry to be suspended for raising his stick up to Boeser's face last game. Not even joking. Had the "if this were literally anyone else did this....." comment as icing on the cake too.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Why is everyone playing Fallout 4? Is it cus of the show or did they actually improve anything with the PS5 release? That game f***ing stunk in 2015 and I don't know why anyone would play it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad