GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
In games like this its so tight you have to take what is there. McD used to take it wide everytime when he has the D beat. Take the puck to the net when you beat contain. That is elemental.

Just like Nuge did there and shooting the puck. Thank god he didn't try to pass the puck like 20 other plays tonight. What happens when you shoot. huge goal. Oilers heard me and starting to shoot a bit more. We were making it easy on Silovs before.

That goal was so big. lol that it was caused by a Canuck chasing yet another hit. yeah you got the hit, your goal light is flashing ya loser. That was Juulsen right? Serves Nucks right for playing a raw rookie out there.

Huge game by Pickard. Best goaltending we've had in playoffs we knew it would be.
I'm gonna trust McDavid's instincts with the puck. However as seen on the power play goal he draws three Canucks trying to take away his time and space. He's not getting lanes to the net working through a phalanx of defenders trying to keep him in dead ice areas.

Viking takes a hit to make a place. Nugent Hopkins beneficiary with open ice and a great shooting angle to finish. This team has a tendency to pass instead of looks. But agree with a raw rookie tender, more volume shooting and drive net front for clean up.

Pickard is playing outstanding. But he's finally getting a dialed in, urgent team defending support. Oil are fast on the puck, getting sticks and bodies in the lane and helping their goaltender. That effort by Holloway to help Kulak's defending - gets his stick on a high danger shot attempt and deflects it over the net. This is dialed in team defending. Pickard is solid and confident behind it.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
187297.jpg

There is a Simpsons moment for everything tm

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I dont think you're allowed enough pixels with how many tears there are.

I've never seen a coach cry this much, and then their fanbase calls McDavid and Draisaitl crybabies.
Tocchet is very quickly becoming very easy to despise. Just overboard on everything. He's got a direct buzzer to the officials to come over to his bench so that must be nice..

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I dont think you're allowed enough pixels with how many tears there are.

I've never seen a coach cry this much, and then their fanbase calls McDavid and Draisaitl crybabies.
He's just trying to get his own statue in front of Rogers Arena.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Nuge really looking good. Kane also looking good

But fk me the bottom 6 needs to get going and bad. They look brutal. Henrique might be missed more then when know gesus
I thought that Kane was one of the better Oiler forwards in game #3 and tonight he is also engaged. His 4 min penalty was not too disciplined but perhaps it sent a message. The rough stuff seems to have died down since that penalty.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
No Chance Pickard losses this game, you get few chances at greatness he’s not going to let this one slip by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad