GDT: WCSF | GM5 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 7:00PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I was wondering the same thing. I have no skin in this game. I could care a less who wins. But. The guy intentionally high sticks him and bloodies his nose. Under what scenario is that not at least four minute penalty? Man the officiating this year has been atrocious.
Are you just ignoring the fact that Rantanen was the first one to throw a crosscheck well after the whistle?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Colorado has been doing it for years. The 1st one I could buy but the second one was blatant as hell and an obvious interference penalty.
Problem is he's not really moving into the guy he's just standing on ice that he already occupied when he had the puck and dropped it off. A guy doesn't have to move out of another guy's way the defending player has to go around him. What's far worse interference that often goes uncalled is when a team's attacking off the rush and one player drop passes and then drives the net pushing the D man back so he can't step up on the guy receiving the pass.

Reactions: avsfan09

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rantanen is a diving bitch and has been for years. Cracks me up how Colorado fans call him Moose when he's one of the softest players in the league.
True. But can’t expect Avs fans to see it with homer goggles on. They think they “earn” all their penalties when their team dives constantly.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Colorado has been doing it for years. The 1st one I could buy but the second one was blatant as hell and an obvious interference penalty.
Franchise learned it from Detroit in the Datsyuk years I think. Used to drive me crazy how good the Wings were at it.

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
I would credit Rantanen for that 10/10 dive against Parise but I'm afraid somebody is going to cry about how the Stars are better at that too.

• Haha
Reactions: Avsfan1921

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i mean, we each have our embellishers, ours is marchment
avs have rantanen, vgk marchessault, etc etc etc

drawing calls has become part of the game and mediocre reffing too

lets just be thankful for no eddie olczyk tonight

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Benn is really imposing his physical will on the Avs. Don’t know if there’s a player on the Avs that can step up and stop him.

• Haha
Reactions: AslanRH

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Complaining constantly like this when your team has been up the entire series is so f***ing embarrassing.

Any hockey fan has every right to call out flopping like that in any game. Whenever they want.

Especially when one team does it far more often than the others.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Could've called Rantanen for starting the whole scrum with a random cross check too.

Avs fans need to open their eyes.

Dallas is only allowed to get penalties like delay of game and bench minors for too many men on the ice. If you take those away then Dallas would struggle to ever get a PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad