GDT: WCSF | GM5 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 7:00PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
No, you really don't.

Fans of every single OTHER team in the league knows what your team and more specifically your captain deserve.

I mean......yeah, I'm sure there are a few out there who'd rather see the Avs take this one, but you can't deny there's quite a few pulling for Dallas to end this tonight. :dunno:

Reactions: Summer Rose

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Is this perceived lack of credit thing really this big in Dallas as a whole, or just on here?

Can't seem to go a page without seeing some mention of excuses being made, performances ignored or accomplishments being overlooked.

It's only in the last half week or so that it seems like Dallas is finally getting the attention and respect they should.

There were plenty of folks suggesting Dallas didn't win the series against Vegas, Vegas simply lost because they "didn't try hard enough".

Vegas was terrifying. That was the most stressed I've ever been when it comes to watching hockey. Every single game was a nail biter, a clear heavyweight tilt between two of the best teams in the league. Both are incredibly deep rosters from top to bottom. Both have loads of leadership and playoff experience. Both play stifling team defense and make you work for every single inch of ice. And we came out on top. Not because Vegas gave up, but because we had just enough to push past another elite team. That series was a single bounce away from having a very different result.

So yea, I think we did take it personally that many people suggested Vegas didn't give it their all or weren't actually as good as they are. And they used that to discount us going into round 2 against the Avs.

I haven't felt nearly as worried against Colorado as I did against Vegas. Colorado doesn't have the same kind of depth. They don't play nearly as strong of team defense. Their goaltending isn't as annoyingly solid. And when a team is playing as sound of team defense and taking as few penalties as Dallas is, I'm not overly worried about the opposing superstars either. And despite the sheer dominance Dallas has shown this series, we're still seeing some of those same tired excuses.

I think most Stars' fans would share those sentiments. It's really not that hard to just respect when a team is flat out better.

I've been watching hockey for nearly 20 years now. This is far and away the best Dallas team I have ever seen. It's taken over 10 playoffs games for the rest of the hockey world to finally see this too.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
We deserve it

giphy.webp

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Just wanna get out ahead of this before people lose their minds: it’s like 93 degrees in Dallas today with decent humidity and the ice has been covered up for a while now with the Mavs using the AAC this past weekend.

It will not be Bell Centre ice tonight. It’s almost impossible.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Just wanna get out ahead of this before people lose their minds: it’s like 93 degrees in Dallas today with decent humidity and the ice has been covered up for a while now with the Mavs using the AAC this past weekend.

It will not be Bell Centre ice tonight. It’s almost impossible.
Which is crappy for us Avs fans because our players already can’t stop bobbling pucks, or the stars have us doing that. I can’t tell anymore :sarcasm:

Does he still play? I thought he was retired
At least this is the last game he’ll miss this season. I wish there was a cry emoji :(

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
That's strange, Gabe Landeskog already has a Cup. But we appreciate the kind words!
Benn has a gold medal, an art ross and one of the best to ever play the game picking him if he was starting a franchise during their prime years. I don’t see no mention of Landy

Benn and the Dallas Stars deserve it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Benn has a gold medal, an art ross and one of the best to ever play the game picking him if he was starting a franchise during their prime years. I don’t see no mention of Landy

Benn and the Dallas Stars deserve it.
Gabe Landeskog is a supermodel who plays hockey, and is a Stanley Cup Champion.

Cup > Individual accolades.

Check and Mate.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
when you invest a lot into someone, and are counting on them, and they burn you it's one thing. but when they burn you repeatedly and in big ways it can be incredibly challenging to get over.

end of the day they're humans, not video game pixels.

Ya think?

We've seen it so many times when a good team loses a star player the whole team actually plays better, but guess that shows some leadership issues many folks brought up.

They could actually channel that pissed off energy to the game and not just give up in their home barn.

Will be very interesting too see how both teams come out tonight. Closing a series is never easy either

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The sheer irony of touting Landeskog as a great captain while trashing Benn for being dirty is amazing.

Since 2014, Landeskog has been suspended 4 times for 11 games and fined multiple times.

Benn has one suspension in that same timespan for his cross-check on Mark Stone last year.

If we take away the names here, one player is obviously much dirtier and has a much longer history of dirty play.

But that's not surprising coming from a fanbase that still boos Matt Duchene for... not trying hard enough? 5 years after he got traded for a huge haul, no less. What Nichushkin did in Dallas was far worse and yet most Stars' fans wished him nothing but the best.
LOL

You are so confident while being so wrong.

Duchene quit on the team. He told Joe he didn’t want to be part of a rebuild, which is all well within his rights, but he still quit on a team that traded away a much better player in ROR to build around Duchene.

When players like Erik Johnson and Gabe Landeskog were telling Sakic they wanted to stay and be part of the solution, Matt Duchene quit on the team.

That’s why he’s not looked upon favorably by Avs fans.

Not even going to get in to how ridiculous your stuff about Benn/Landeskog is, acting like you’ve never considered the DoPS to be a joke, yet you’re going to use their “infinite wisdom” as some of the weakest evidence to support your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad